Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
He also spoke about the lack of mobility, saying that also has to be addressed. It's a good thing he's seeing the problems so early.

Indeed. The fastest way to fix a problem is to admit you have a problem.

F

Flavia

Martino: "We need more movement"

Gemma Herrero 08/22/2013

1377189368_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

Martino gave his take on the first leg of the Spanish Super Cup: "There were different moments, times when Atlético was better and times when we were. Overall there were few goal opportunities. There weren't any surprises. They were hoping to score by finding spaces and in counterattacks, which they did, and we with a succession of passes, which we did. It was a very intense match and the result is fair."

Atlético was a tough opponent: "It was very difficult, not only for Leo, but for all the playmakers. We struggled to find space within their defensive lines, they were very tight and it was difficult to push forward".

An equally-matched game: "Fitness can be measured by how the team starts and how it finishes. Atlético perhaps dominated in the first half, but not in the second. Atlético was better during the first half, I agree, but it wasn't down to fitness".

Martino flagged up the keys to improvement: "Having more movement, getting free deeper. It's not easy, it would be difficult for any team and more so for Barcelona. Barça always plays the same way, we have to see what the opposition throws at us. We'll continue as we have been, with more movement, shorter and longer passes, but we'll try to make it more dynamic and varied".

aaron101

He's the complete opposite of Tito who always give us BS reasons and always saying that we were the better team and all that.

Barcilliant

So far 8/10 for Martino. He is dealing with limited resources and I was encouraged to see us be more direct against AM. We actually hit a few long balls and varied play. None of that endless pass-pass-pass. I hope Tata plays Cesc more. Xavi is now bench material. We need a more direct way to goal.

I also liked how he has spoken about the Bale fee. In a time when unemployment is sky high in Spain and young, educated, qualified bright kids are not getting any employment RM are going to spend 100 million on Bale. I am glad he has spoken out about it. I hope Tata succeeds and stays a long time at Barca. He is frank, direct and appears to be addressing issues with the side.

Kerrybai

Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino has accused Real Madrid of showing 'a lack of respect' over the reported €100million transfer fee they are set to pay Tottenham Hotspur for Gareth Bale.

"How I feel about Madrid signing Bale for about €100m? He is an excellent player, but the fee that's being mentioned shows a lack of respect for the world we live in," Martino said at a press conference

Jadentheman

Price tags in eruopean football or all sports for that matter make me weep on the inside. They are the haves and we are the have nots.

But then again if you look deep into it there are reasons why things are the way they are. Although $100 Million euros is ridiculous. I thought RM was in debt?

Gohan

Super Saiyan
big difference between paying 17 million every year for 3 years and paying 100 million at once

Have you actually seen the paper where it says Real will pay it all in once? No.

Then stop saying stuff like that because even Perez isn't that stupid.

Neal Faradinho

@Messi_
Actually Perez is that stupid, he thinks that he can get all the money back in shirt sales, and if that doesn't work out, he will sell Özil/ Di Maria.
The original offer was 20 mill per year in 5 years, but Levy wanted 100 mill now.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
@Messi_
Actually Perez is that stupid, he thinks that he can get all the money back in shirt sales, and if that doesn't work out, he will sell Özil/ Di Maria.
The original offer was 20 mill per year in 5 years, but Levy wanted 100 mill now.

Levy is hard man.. That is clear. But he actually has to accept Perez' conditions if he wants 100M. No one in the world is going to pay 100M for Bale...

coco1247

Banned
Tbf he's right. The price (although not confirmed yet) is completely outrageous and no income Bale ever garners will ever justify it (unless it's 5 CLs, La Ligas and whatnot). No need for Martino to get into the whole affair, but what can you do...
It's a dumbass move from a football pov. But we all know Flo can wipe his ass with the money RM have. It's about an investment, that's how he looks at it. Stupid investment if you ask me, Tata and the rest of the world, but that's Flo for ya peeps...

Neal Faradinho

Tbf he's right. The price (although not confirmed yet) is completely outrageous and no income Bale ever garners will ever justify it (unless it's 5 CLs, La Ligas and whatnot). No need for Martino to get into the whole affair, but what can you do...
It's a dumbass move from a football pov. But we all know Flo can wipe his ass with the money RM have. It's about an investment, that's how he looks at it. Stupid investment if you ask me, Tata and the rest of the world, but that's Flo for ya peeps...
Makelele 2.0 if Madrid sells Ozil

Home of Barca Fans