Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Tomchin

I hope it's a quiet minute and not 20 seconds with horribly generic "sad violin music" that seems to be the norm now.
What's wrong with "sad violin music"? During last Gamper, they held 1 minute of silence (with "sad violin music"), to honor Ramallets. First time I heard that live in the Camp Nou, gave me goosebumps.

ebc_99

I prefer the violin music, silence will always be broken so it is better to do something else.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Maria

Tata just said that he is questioned because he is not a canterano or because he is not dutch. As someone who has criticized Tito the entire 2012/2013 season, I feel offended. And as a dutch, Van Gaal has just laughed at Tata's statements.

Ursegor

World Champion
Tata just said that he is questioned because he is not a canterano or because he is not dutch. As someone who has criticized Tito the entire 2012/2013 season, I feel offended. And as a dutch, Van Gaal has just laughed at Tata's statements.

I'm really happy for you and I let you finish but you need to be more careful when google-translating stuff or taking snippets from Twitter and then presenting it here with an over the top sarcastic remark. Because the context of what he said was completely different. They asked him about Barca's STYLE and since this club is obviously famous for its Cruyff school Ajax style he said that it's completely normal that there will be discussions about a possible alternation of the style if the coach isn't either Dutch or from the academy itself. Nothing to do with Tito 2012 / 2013 or van Gaal's failings. And absolutely nothing weird about the statement. At all.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I'm really happy for you and I let you finish but you need to be more careful when google-translating stuff or taking snippets from Twitter and then presenting it here with an over the top sarcastic remark. Because the context of what he said was completely different. They asked him about Barca's STYLE and since this club is obviously famous for its Cruyff school Ajax style he said that it's completely normal that there will be discussions about a possible alternation of the style if the coach isn't either Dutch or from the academy itself. Nothing to do with Tito 2012 / 2013 or van Gaal's failings. And absolutely nothing weird about the statement. At all.

Thanks for clearing that up, context is usually what's missing when these quotes appear on the web. At the first time reading it I thought: either this guy is a huge prick or it was said in a context I have no idea of.

F

Flavia

Martino reckons second halves against Ajax and Rayo are the way to go

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT 09/23/2013 13:40

Boss accepts: "we've still got things to improve"

Reminds press that Rayo “were the team with the second best possession stats last season"

Real Sociedad are “a very good team with some excellent individuals"

Barça’s style of play for the 2013/14 season is gradually becoming clearer - against Ajax and Rayo, the team looked impressive and bagged six goals in the second halves of both games, performances that Tata Martino believes show the way the team needs to move forward: “I’d like to see us doing what I saw in the second half against Ajaz and Rayo, but for longer periods”. The Argentinean admitted though: “we’ve still got things to improve”.

Martino was questioned about the possession stats for his team, which have been the source of a lot of speculation recently: “for Barça – just like for Newell’s – possession is very important, but it is also true that we have to look at certain characteristics of our opponents too, as well as recent games between us and if necessary their coach”.

As an example, Martino recalled: “a year ago away to Rayo we had 55% of the possession” – a similar figure to Saturday’s - “Rayo were the team with the second highest possession figures in the league last season , only behind Barça”.

With another week of midweek games in the league, Barça face Real Sociedad on Tuesday at the Camp Nou and the boss explained: “I think that Real Sociedad are a very good team, probably one of the best last season, they’ve made a good start by qualifying for the Champions League, though it’s not easy to play in two competitions and it’s normal that they might be feeling a bit tired. They are a good group and have some excellent individuals going forward”.

Martino also spoke about the rotations in his own squad, with Cesc Fàbregas the latest player to be rested: “I make the rotations according to the minutes the players have put in, here and with their national teams, as well as bearing in mind our rivals”. Taking into account internationals, Valdés and Neymar Jr are the two players who have played most minutes so far.

The boss also referred to his Brazilian star, explaining: “you can see in what Neymar has offered the team a player who has adapted to the needs and style of the team, not just on a creative sense, but also in tracking back. We are very satisfied about what he is bringing us”.

Garrus

Not one time i saw any cule misinterpreted it, And it just happens maria is the first one i saw, Surprise, Surprise.

Maria

Sorry, but to me it still looks bad simply because that's a lie..every coach was questioned(some more, some less), but they weren't questioned because of their nationality. And if the press is so confused is because Martino said at the beginning that he doesn't want change anything, when now it's obvious that he does. And it's ok that he wants to make the team his own, just like every other coach would do. But he should just be honest about it.

Not one time i saw any cule misinterpreted it, And it just happens maria is the first one i saw, Surprise, Surprise.

And you were the one that had to make yet another direct reference at me again..surprise, surprise.

Last edited:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Sorry, but to me it still looks bad simply because that's a lie..every coach was questioned(some more, some less), but they weren't questioned because of their nationality.
Tata didn't say he was questioned because of his nationality, but because he doesn't come from a Barcelona background or close-to-Barcelona background.
He didn't even say he (as in he as a coach) was questioned; he talked about people questioning his changes to the system. And he is completely right in saying it's normal people get curious when someone coming from a different football philosophy/background takes over Barcelona. Because that's what they do.

And if the press is so confused is because Martino said at the beginning that he doesn't want change anything, when now it's obvious that he does. And it's ok that he wants to make the team his own, just like every other coach would do. But he should just be honest about it.
But he doesn't; he said he'll stay true to the Barcelona philosophy, and so far he hasn't done anything that would speak against it. Unless you judge him based on one game. Adjustments =/= complete change

Home of Barca Fans