Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Tomchin

We played 2 games against Atletico, away to Malaga and Valencia and a home game against Sevilla. What did you expect? Did you really think these games were going to be easy? These are good teams and the games were always going to be tough.
I concur, don't really understand the pessimism in this thread, imho Tata has done very well so far. I really like the fact that he's introduced more verticality in our game. Of course he still needs to find a balance between a vertical game and controlling the game (to avoid stuff like the 2 goals conceded against Sevilla), but he'll get there eventually I think.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
The father of Barcelona coach Tata Martino has passed away. He will travel to Argentina after tomorrow's game against Ajax. #fcblive #ucl

All my condolences to Tata and his family.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
That's sad. Hopefully the Ajax game goes well, so that he doesn't have any further negativity pressuring him.

Last edited:

Maria

Sad news..

I concur, don't really understand the pessimism in this thread, imho Tata has done very well so far. I really like the fact that he's introduced more verticality in our game. Of course he still needs to find a balance between a vertical game and controlling the game (to avoid stuff like the 2 goals conceded against Sevilla), but he'll get there eventually I think.

I would like it even morel if we would have someone like Vidal in midfield and Abidal in defense. :( And having to buy a GK next summer I don't see us also getting someone like those 2 beasts.

Last edited:

Tomchin

RIP. Was his father sick, or was it totally unexpected? Either way will be a shock for Tata, hope he recovers well.

Rahj

JUST SPECULATING, but maybe that was the reason he went to argentina during the international break.

F

Flavia

RIP. Was his father sick, or was it totally unexpected? Either way will be a shock for Tata, hope he recovers well.

According to MD, he was 85, and was hospitalized due to a cardiovascular problem.

SeloBarca

Hope the players can cheer him up with a great game!

Wonder if there will be a quiet minute in tomorrows game actually

Home of Barca Fans