Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Neal Faradinho

I like this coach very much.

Our defense looks stable again. We have conceded less goals than we did in 2010/2011 at the same stage of the season. Without Abidal and without Puyol as well. Statistics aside even optically we don't look as open at the back anymore and we always have enough bodies at the back to prevent counterattacks and 1on1s. In his first few games it was still a bit like last season, especially set piece goals, but he looks to have fixed it now.

The things he says are very good. Even when winning he says that there will be further improvements and that we can do better and haven't hit form. I remember Tito last season after the first Bayern game saying that they weren't the better team or something of that sort and that we will restore some pride in the second leg - and then we got dicked again.

He doesn't use Pedro in every game and certainly not Iniesta and Pedro on the wings at the same time which made us extremely Messi-dependant for goals. Alexis and Neymar are contributing heavily (unfair to Tito I guess, he didn't have Neymar).

Adriano not as fragile. Still fragile but not THAT fragile. Don't know if it's because of the new physio but I'll attribute it to him anyway because it's happened under his tenure.

Variaty in playing style. We have already scored as many counterattacking goals in 11 games as we did in the whole last season according to OPTA. As many as Dortmund in fact! Will be very useful later in the season when we face Bayern again (which we will) and Pep trying to play possession + high line against us. Under Pep Bayern haven't scored a single counterattacking goal so far. He is making them more 1-dimensional and defensively more fragile without the double pivot. If we arrive in top form (and there is definitely still room for improvement, especially Messi and Iniesta), we will get our revenge very soon. :barca scarf:

Bartra is now officially part of the centerback rotation. You could say that it was lucky circumstances because Busquets injured Mascherano but last season we had even more injuries and the pecking order was still like this: Pique -> Mascherano -> Puyol with injured knee -> Song -> Adriano -> 3-4-3 -> Bartra.

Won a Clasico that mattered.

1 of only 3 unbeaten teams in Europe up to date.

Rotation policy.

So far: well done, Tata.

+1

Sergio16

Unbeaten in the league. I thought Bayern lost to Dortmund in the DFB Pokal?

Sent from my RM-914_im_south_africa_242 using Tapatalk

Duke

Haha, he's great. Witty answers.

He's really smart

Lmao those answers, :worthy:

ObamaSwag.gif

barca1899

Martino: "We saw two Barcelonas, in the first half we controlled more. We'll try to continue to improve and finish first in the group."

Home of Barca Fans