Gerardo "Tata" Martino

I feel that the biggest problem with the team right now is motivation and complacency. There have been a shitload of games this season where we started brilliantly but almost allowed the other team to make a comeback. Valencia, Sevilla, Madrid, etc. I feel he's been good tactically, but he needs to sort the motivation issue out. Oh yeah, and bench underperformers (*cough* Masch *cough*).

Last edited:

Barcilliant

If Rosell fires Tata he should be thrown out asap. Tata has been thrown to the wolves literally. I am surprised that Rosell hasn't come out with any support for Tata. If you appoint someone you back them fully. That means giving him the squad he wants and the freedom to play the kind of football he wants too!

barca1899

Martino: "I didn't yet decide if we will sign someone in the winter transfer window. There's time left to make a decision." #fcblive

Martino: "At the end of the game, the team shouldn't get restless and stick more to our game, no matter the score." #fcblive

Martino: "When we lose, that is my responsibility. It worried me that we weren't able to react after Athletic's goal." #fcblive

Martino: "Messi's recovery goes as planned. We hope that he will be back at the start of the new year." #fcblive

Martino: "Pessimism around the team? There are two options: it can hurt us, or it can make us stronger." #fcblive

Martino: "Montoya and Tello said they want to play more? Didn't talk with them. Tello could have played more if he wouldn't be injured."

Martino: "Puyol didn't play against Athletic because he got a knock in training. He's fine now, he trained well, I'm not worried." #fcblive

Last edited:

Kerrybai

^ I love he straight to the point he is. There is no bs with this guy and that I found to be a very good trait.

Alarcón

Yes, that's very good, but actions count more than words, and he has to show that he understood what went wrong in the last couple of games.

desoe

I think Martino could become the Fabio Capello of Barcelona. He could win the league, but he could still get fired because of aesthetic & stylistic reasons. I think it heavily depends on how much pressure Rosell would feel for his own ass - the level of criticism by the media (at least these medias, which are not licking his butt), the fans, the general mood around the team. Politics as usual.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Also he brought us almost a perfect start with our in and out defense. That shouldn't be forgotten.

F

Flavia

Tata is really doing his best to lose credibility, it seems. Too bad, I really liked him.

I agree. This insistence in playing Cesc at false 9 is annoying. Everyone knows it's a failed experience.

Galning

I was really excited when they appointed him as our manager but he's lost it in recent weeks. Hopefully he's learning from his mistakes though.

Stric

I was really excited when they appointed him as our manager but he's lost it in recent weeks. Hopefully he's learning from his mistakes though.

Yeah... and it's not as if he was only good the first few weeks, it wasn't beginner's luck. He was really good for quite a while, called all the right shots. But lately he seems like he just lost his head...

Home of Barca Fans