Gerardo "Tata" Martino

BibB

Good post. With regards to Peps far from perfect defending set pieces and inablity to break down parked buses I'd say Tata has already addressed these problems. Teams seem to come at us a bit more now because of it. Also theyve realised the way to stop this Barça is to suffocate the mid rather than park the bus. But in sayin this its not the end for Tata. Anyone suggesting that with 2 defeats during an injury crisis after an amazing start to the season, during a transitional period tactically, is a spoiled brat that doesnt deserve to support my club. So im all for your suggestion of giving him time.

In Pep's last season the warning signs were there. Pep saw them and jumped ship asap. I found that VERY disappointing. Instead of trying to rejuvenate the team (like Fergie did numerous times at Utd) he jumped ship and started sniping at Rosell & Co. He also joined a club on the up and took a promising player from us (not totally his fault). Pep also left an unbalanced squad. A team with no physical presence and a lack of motivation.

:lol:
Pep didn't jump ship. He wanted to make changes but Rosell and co didn't let him.

Last edited:

Vapor

Good post. With regards to Peps far from perfect defending set pieces and inablity to break down parked buses I'd say Tata has already addressed these problems. Teams seem to come at us a bit more now because of it. Also theyve realised the way to stop this Barça is to suffocate the mid rather than park the bus. But in sayin this its not the end for Tata. Anyone suggesting that with 2 defeats during an injury crisis after an amazing start to the season, during a transitional period tactically, is a spoiled brat that doesnt deserve to support my club. So im all for your suggestion of giving him time.
Exactly. This is still transition time, half our team, including some of our most imprtant players are injured... it's a rough patch. Tata started the season amazingly well. He deserves more time. I have faith he will figure out what is neccessary and steer us back on course.

One thing I really don't understand was why he singled out Alex Song and publicly criticized him after the Categena game. I've never seeen him do that with any other player, even when they have had shockers of a game. Seems like a bad move to me... keep that in the locker room, why publicly single out a player that has barely started all season?

BibB

I've never rated Song. Even at Arsenal, I've always thought he was their weak link, mostly as a DM so I'm not going to leap to his defence. But I don't agree with annoucing something like that in public thats for the dressing room. I never actually heard what Tata said though I would suspect it was to give a nod that Song was for sale in a round about way.

MrKnowitAlll

He hasn't lost anything, we aren't going to play well all the time. When other teams lose or have a bad game its not a problem but when Barca play bad it is a disaster.

Tata has shown enough to suggest this is a blip, I remember in the summer fans on this forum just wanted to be in touch by the winter break yet we are on course to top the table.

We have a long way to go but it was always going to be that way. I am patient and accept that this is a transitional year but we do need to give Tata the chance to bring in his own player's and get rid of those that are not wanted. Pep spent 100m in 2008, we probably need to do that again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

best post i've seen here.

I mean guys?? WTF. he has been here a few MONTHS. he has lost 2... i repeat 2 fcuking games and people calling for him head. really.
i have to say , i am disappionted in you guys. This is Barcelona not Chelsea. Anyways i cant get worked up. The board are smart and will stay with him as they do most managers. I mean serouisly??? Pep made 18 changes ... 18 CHANGES.. before we even started to judge him. Not trying to belittle Pep but he spent 35million on Hleb , Henrique ( I know .. who dafuq ) and Caceres who played about 30 games.. together! We also let him sell the best player in the world at that time.. ( Ronaldinho ) If Tata thought about selling even Messi... game over. I am not saying he should but thats the freedom we gave Pep and it payed off. After all these changes , spending 100 mill or so he lost his first game to Numancia. Still no one called for his head. Funnyly enough , they went on a 20 game unbeaten run. Which was ended by Espanol , they also lost thier next match. just like this team. they also went on to lose 2 times again in a row. losing in total 5 games that season in the league. Basically , you people need to take a chill pill and calm down. I bet when we win a few matches in a row people will start to forget about this.

Also. Masch has played the el classico in the CB position. no one complained. people are starting to flip at masch and its not his fault.

There is no man crush with Tata and Masch that is beyond ridiculouis. Its not his fault he prefers a more experienced player than a non-experience player. We have to ease Bartra in. We cant just throw him into the dead end because if we do he could easily fail.
And also Pep first played Masch in that positon and NO ONE complained.

When things get tough people start blaming others. If you are not with us when we are losing , dont be with us when we are winning.

NeyMesSis

I mean guys?? WTF. he has been here a few MONTHS. he has lost 2... i repeat 2 fcuking games and people calling for him head. really.
i have to say , i am disappionted in you guys. This is Barcelona not Chelsea. Anyways i cant get worked up. The board are smart and will stay with him as they do most managers. I mean serouisly??? Pep made 18 changes ... 18 CHANGES.. before we even started to judge him. Not trying to belittle Pep but he spent 35million on Hleb , Henrique ( I know .. who dafuq ) and Caceres who played about 30 games.. together! We also let him sell the best player in the world at that time.. ( Ronaldinho ) If Tata thought about selling even Messi... game over. I am not saying he should but thats the freedom we gave Pep and it payed off. After all these changes , spending 100 mill or so he lost his first game to Numancia. Still no one called for his head. Funnyly enough , they went on a 20 game unbeaten run. Which was ended by Espanol , they also lost thier next match. just like this team. they also went on to lose 2 times again in a row. losing in total 5 games that season in the league. Basically , you people need to take a chill pill and calm down. I bet when we win a few matches in a row people will start to forget about this.

Also. Masch has played the el classico in the CB position. no one complained. people are starting to flip at masch and its not his fault.

There is no man crush with Tata and Masch that is beyond ridiculouis. Its not his fault he prefers a more experienced player than a non-experience player. We have to ease Bartra in. We cant just throw him into the dead end because if we do he could easily fail.

When things get tough people start blaming others. If you are not with us when we are losing , dont be with us when we are winning.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

NeyMesSis

Look at bayern and heynkes in their first season! BVB won the league and the cup. 0 titles for bayern and 1 year later the trible.....

F

Flavia

There's no need to ease Bartra in. He's playing better than Masch, who's been really subpar this season, with blunders in almost every game. Saying "no one" complained is a stretch, many people have been complaing about masch since last season. And when Pep was here there was Abidal to cover for Masch, Pique and the team were also playing better. But since last season he's been found out.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
There were a lot of people complaining so you're clearly wrong. He did mistakes that could've easily lost us the game. Most notably the situation that should've been a penalty, because of his usual clumsiness. The only thing that's ridiculous here is denying Tata's bias towards Mascherano.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Good post MrKnowitAll.

There's no need to ease Bartra in. He's playing better than Masch, who's been really subpar this season, with blunders in almost every game. Saying "no one" complained is a stretch, many people have been complaing about masch since last season. And when Pep was here there was Abidal to cover for Masch, Pique and the team were also playing better. But since last season he's been found out.

Bartra could make the same blunders as well. He's still quite young. And then we'll see how badly the certain people want him as a starter ahead of Mascherano again. It's not about "playing Masche ahead of Bartra or vice versa". It's about people nagging too much about certain stuffs, like Masche as the CB or Cesc as the false #9 to the point of even making a "Crisis at Barca" about it, which is ridiculous.

F

Flavia

Good post MrKnowitAll.

Bartra could make the same blunders as well. He's still quite young. And then we'll see how badly the certain people want him as a starter ahead of Mascherano again. It's not about "playing Masche ahead of Bartra or vice versa". It's about people nagging too much about certain stuffs, like Masche as the CB or Cesc as the false #9 to the point of even making a "Crisis at Barca" about it, which is ridiculous.

Bartra could, as any player could, but right now he's in much better form. Masche has been awful. It's not because of one bad game, but several. It really makes no sense to not play the players in better form, to me.

ryuken

basically Bartra has been better than the almighty Masche and we still need to ease him in while allow Masche to make one blunder after another? Do we even use logic anymore?

F

Flavia

Barbecue at La Masia for the first team

www.fcbarcelona.cat
12/09/2013 16:49

The players and coaching staff gathered after this morning's training session for a barbecue at La Masia

2013-12-09_BARBACOA_02.v1386604463.JPG

The players and coaching staff gathered for an Argentinian-style barbecue at La Masia after this morning’s training session.

The remaining two weeks of competitive play before the Christmas break will see FC Barcelona take on Celtic in the Champions League (Wednesday), Villarreal in La Liga on Saturday, Cartagena in the Copa del Rey on Tuesday (Dec 17), and Getafe on Sunday (Dec 22).

2013-12-09_BARBACOA_17.v1386604378.JPG

2013-12-09_BARBACOA_14.v1386604898.JPG

BbC2i5hIMAA_6x-.jpg:large

Not sure what to make of this... But it reminded me of mou's barbecue :pinto:
It was Tata's idea.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Could be seen as an unofficial team meeting, but I think such events are good nevertheless. Good to relax a bit together with the entire team after a turbulent week.

Btw, MEAT in Messi's absence.... :angry: The Dictator does not approve and is absolutely pissed off! #NextMarca/AS Headline

Home of Barca Fans