Gerardo "Tata" Martino

F

Flavia

Martino: "I think this was our most complete game this season. I'm especially happy that we could keep up the level for a long time."

Martino: "Neymar didn't start well, had to adapt to the centre forward position, but after the first goal he showed what he can."

Martino: "What amazes me most about Neymar is how he's involved with the team, how he helps to recover balls, that's rare for such a player"

Martino: "Our goal is to play every game like we played tonight."

Martino: "Opponent in next round? We'll see. The good thing is that we know who we'll play on Monday and that we have two months to prepare"

Martino: "We're in permanent contact with Messi. A staff member travels to Argentina tomorrow for the last stage of his recovery."

Martino: "Alexis didn't score tonight, but he was one of our best players."

F

Flavia

I just hope at least Cesc as false 9 will stop, after Neymar's display tonight.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's interesting though, tactically - would appear that some of the veterans were able to convince Tata to revert to their previous style of play

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
There was little about last night's match that has resembled what we've seen from Tata's Barcelona thus far...Quite to the contrary, it looked like the Barcelona we've come to know & love over the prior 4 seasons
may be the coach has them train for both the tactics and use one depending depending on the opposition

B

beautifulgame

may be the coach has them train for both the tactics and use one depending depending on the opposition

yes. i'm not sure we should exclude this possibility. in fact, it is possibly the more likely?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Either way, it means Tata was tactically inept on top of failing to get the team's intensity up for a big match
Regarding the inteensity, what much can he do if the team are able to take only so much? The main stars that we rode on the back of in the recent past are either too old now or too fcuking out of form be it mentally or physically! He obviously needs some time to ease in the youngsters, work his way into the brains of the "stars", etc. I think he deserves some more time before the judgement.

But he got his on flaws too, I mean come on dude play some Bartra! And get rid of some Masch!!

Maria

Why do I keep hearing that our players are too old? Apart from Xavi and Puyol(and let's face it, it's not like Puyol has been very helpful last year either), I don't think that we can complain about the age of our players.

But he got his on flaws too, I mean come on dude play some Bartra! And get rid of some Masch!!

And no more Cesc as a false 9!

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans