Gerardo "Tata" Martino

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The false 9 is a myth created by Pep to allow tactical variation because he was contractually obligated to play a 4-3-3 at the time. Its basically a 10 in a 4-4-2 diamond. The difference isn't the said "false 9" but the postioning of the forwards ahead of him. A number 10 in a 4-4-2 has 2 CFs in front of him whereas, a "false 9" has 2 wide forwards ahead of him. The actual role itself remains the same. Hence why everybody plays Cesc there since he's an amazing number 10.

As for Messi. His superhuman goalscoring instinct added to illusion of the "false 9" being an actual role when in reality it's a definition of how Messi plays. An amazingly clinical goalscoring number 10.

So to sum up, Messi's codename is "False 9" it isn't a position or role hence why nobody else can play it effectively.
Well, that is the difference, you have described it correctly. A diamond doesn't have the width, but a 4-3-3 with the false 9 and wide inside forwards, who cut inside the space which was created by the false 9, have it. It is the difference. So the number 10 in diamond 4-4-2 is trequartista, and the number 10 in 4-3-3 with wide inside forwards is a false 9. These are the same things just called differently.

BibB

My argument is that they shouldn't be called differently because in reality they are in fact the same. It's an irritation I've developed resulting in my little rant. lol
I appreciate the back up.

As for Tata I don't think he is playing the 4-4-2 diamond this season like Tito did. From what I've noticed it looks like a 4-2-3-1 rearranged as a 4-1-2-3-0 as in dropping the forward for a Busquets but the roles in the 2-3s staying the same.
It seems to bring the best out of Sanchez and Neymar nad improve us slightly defensively. But Iniesta being one of the 2 has restricted him a little earlier on in the season. Although recently it looks like Tata has addressed the Iniesta issue.

F

Flavia

Martino: "Neymar [yellow-suspended on Sunday] has permission to already travel to Brazil. He will leave on Thursday."

Martino: "I didn't call up B-team players for this game, because several players of the first team needed to play 90 minutes."

Martino: "The player who don't spend the holidays in Catalonia are expected back on 2 January. The others on 30 December."

Martino: "Messi is recovering well. He'll be back on 2 January, we hope he can join the group then. Same with Valdes."

Martino: "I expect Alves [recovering from calf muscle injury] to get the medical green light this week."

Jaykob

Well, that is the difference, you have described it correctly. A diamond doesn't have the width, but a 4-3-3 with the false 9 and wide inside forwards, who cut inside the space which was created by the false 9, have it. It is the difference. So the number 10 in diamond 4-4-2 is trequartista, and the number 10 in 4-3-3 with wide inside forwards is a false 9. These are the same things just called differently.

It's the Cruyff diamond :

Chainsaw

Killahead
MD says that Tata Martino is not happy at the club and may leave Barca at the end of the season. The constant criticism of the team's playstyle and comparisons with Guardiola's Barca, despite the positive results, seems to have taken a toll on him and would take him to make the decision to leave.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
MD merely quoted the story out of Argentina...by the Madrid born journalist :shakeshead:

Like any 'news', always scrutinize the source...it's a good lesson in life, agendas are being played out all the time and labeled news so reason more when running with a story

Djab

MD says that Tata Martino is not happy at the club and may leave Barca at the end of the season. The constant criticism of the team's playstyle and comparisons with Guardiola's Barca, despite the positive results, seems to have taken a toll on him and would take him to make the decision to leave.

I think he won't go anywhere.

F

Flavia

This is old, Tata has denied it already. Rosell was asked about it today, he also denied it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
MD merely quoted the story out of Argentina...by the Madrid born journalist :shakeshead:

Like any 'news', always scrutinize the source...it's a good lesson in life, agendas are being played out all the time and labeled news so reason more when running with a story

This. The tool apparently also last year said that Messi was leaving.

Antimadridista1

Bb7UAp8IMAElGa0.jpg

Martino wishes the journalists at the sports centre happy holidays.

Kerrybai

Another great win For Tata. He has 5 forwards hitting the back of the net this season and most importantly he has found a way to play without Messi. I rate him very highly and find the knew jerk reactions to be shameful. Tata is our coach now let's give him the support and credit he deserves.

On a side not I will admit the lack of Bartra is a concern. He needs to phase Masch out of the team.

Martino's been good so far, but seriously, enough with the crush on Masch. Bartra needs to be trusted more, especially considering that he's arguably been our best CB this season.

Home of Barca Fans