Gerardo "Tata" Martino

Yannick03

Well check our transfer targets for further proof. I bet you the only reason Alexis gets the nod is "I have worked with Alexis before". I am not saying Sanchez isn't a good footballer, but Pedro is better and his play style suits our play style better. Besides he isn't as scared of shooting as Alexis.

Alexis has been playing really good the last few months. Sure, Pedro is on a good run the last month but the months before that, Alexis was just better.

fcbdna

Banned
Flavia, I think you're doing a great job as a mod, but honestly, I think some posters are getting away with far too much, some of the stuff I see on here sometimes, those posters wouldn't last a day at other forums. Some of these posters are an absolute disgrace. Daltis wasn't anywhere nears as bad as some of these posters.

I don't see any insults flying about. The point of having a forum is so people can communicate/express their thoughts. I think Flavia is doing what any sane Mod will. Except of course you are trying to teach him/her how to do the job?

Well check our transfer targets for further proof. I bet you the only reason Alexis gets the nod is "I have worked with Alexis before". I am not saying Sanchez isn't a good footballer, but Pedro is better and his play style suits our play style better. Besides he isn't as scared of shooting as Alexis.

Pedro's been better this season than he was last season, but Alexis has clearly been better than Pedro, despite scoring less goals.

F

Flavia

Flavia, I think you're doing a great job as a mod, but honestly, I think some posters are getting away with far too much, some of the stuff I see on here sometimes, those posters wouldn't last a day at other forums. Some of these posters are an absolute disgrace. Daltis wasn't anywhere nears as bad as some of these posters.

I'm not the only mod... Also, you guys can help, by reporting posts, sending pms to us and such. Makes it easier for us, as we miss many things. But against some things, there isn't much to do.

And Dalitis used to post racist and bigoted comments, that's why he was banned. I'm not seeing any.

fcbdna

Banned
Pedro's been better this season than he was last season, but Alexis has clearly been better than Pedro, despite scoring less goals.

I beg to differ. Pedro has always been the more lethal of the two. Alexis finds it hard making split second decisions, and easily gets confused when crouded, which results in him always drawing back even after he clearly beats the player. this season I have seen Pedro dash into the box in search of that tap in more often than Alexis has. Alexis is a decent player and was a great buy. I just feel Pedro deserves more playing time than he gets.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I still stand by what I said. He's an amateur, again saved by the experience our players possess. On top of that he sub Bartra on with 5 minutes left. That's just disrespectful.

Football isn't formal logic, this "just won because of X and not Y" doesn't work. Has it ever occured to you that the experience of the players is a factor that the coach can take into account and count on too? Do you think an experienced coach would apply the same tactics and would use the same line-up if he, instead of our players, had a team of 20-year-old inexperienced youngsters at his disposal? Besides, you were complaining about him fielding Mascherano and not Bartra, now you talk about experience saving us. Surely Mascherano has the edge over Bartra in that respect? I don't agree with Bartra not starting, but you're being inconsistent and contradictory.

And how is subbing on Bartr for 5 minutes disrespectful? If he hadn't played him all match, you would have complained about him ignoring him. Seems more like you're clinging on to every tiny bit you could criticise about him for the sake of it.

And everyone who accuses Tata of having some sort of racist bias, that claim is a tad racist in itself...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Such a big win on an occasion that not only looked like a serious banana peel ahead of the start but downright perilous after falling behind 0-2...How much of that is down to Tata?...I didn't see any adjustments really to necessarily credit the coach but rather the players who showed composure to take the match to Getafe rather than wait for an opportunity...Pedro, Cesc, Iniesta, Busquets & Alba deserve the bulk of the credit IMO

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I still stand by what I said. He's an amateur, again saved by the experience our players possess. On top of that he sub Bartra on with 5 minutes left. That's just disrespectful.

AMATEUR!?! Tata is no amateur.

He's won the Paraguayan Primera Division 4 times with 2 different teams. He won the Argentinian Primera Division with Newell's Old Boys last year. He was South American Coach of the Year in 2007.

Not to mention that his Paraguay nearly knocked out Spain in the 2010 World Cup.

That is no amateur.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Such a big win on an occasion that not only looked like a serious banana peel ahead of the start but downright perilous after falling behind 0-2...How much of that is down to Tata?...I didn't see any adjustments really to necessarily credit the coach but rather the players who showed composure to take the match to Getafe rather than wait for an opportunity...Pedro, Cesc, Iniesta, Busquets & Alba deserve the bulk of the credit IMO
Possibly, yes, but by that same logic you can't criticise Tata for anything today. It's not as if our tactics were that horrible that some of the statements in this thread were justified, if they were, we probably wouldn't have won 5-2. Also a win doesn't always have to be solely down to the coach; if he has great players and knows how to use them for them to do the job then I don't know what more some people expect.

F

Flavia

Tello will never play again, after he published this pic. Seems it's Tata in the back :lol:

24y5yyq.jpg

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Possibly, yes, but by that same logic you can't criticise Tata for anything today. It's not as if our tactics were that horrible that some of the statements in this thread were justified, if they were, we probably wouldn't have won 5-2. Also a win doesn't always have to be solely down to the coach; if he has great players and knows how to use them for them to do the job then I don't know what more some people expect.

Except we can definitely blame coaching for yet another poor performance on a corner - how many unmarked goals has the team suffered this season?...We've had a history of difficulties with set pieces for obvious reasons but I can't recall a stretch of time where so many were down to simply having unmarked players score...That's about as basic a concept in football as it gets

Moreover, I long for a coach that has this team sharp from the first whistle...Particularly when we're at a hostile ground like today and with a referee that we know is going to be helping the opponent...I said this against Ajax and then again against Athletic, right after...There is a failure in that regard and it has to fall on the coach, IMO

Great share, Flavia...That was bound to happen sooner or later with all these twitter photos right after a match

Home of Barca Fans