Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Messi983

I think Jan is just managing expectations. Doesn't mean we won't sign anyone. Tbf from what I've read I think it was quite good interview.

Furthermore, he was very forceful when asked about sales and signings: "It is not necessary to make a big sale. We have increased income. We are close to resolving a situation that gave us fair play last year. And we are in negotiations for a contract that "It will be the best on the market in kit sponsorship. And we are doing all this simultaneously with the Spotify Camp Nou works. That is why I value the partner's attitude more and more."

"Just as we don't need to make a big sale, we don't think we need big signings either. Maybe a midfielder, maybe a wide player, but we also have players in the youth team who can occupy these positions," he pointed out.

serghei

I bet Flick is an awesome cook too. There's no muscle without some fine t-bone steaks. Our social media teams are working already on some before and after posts.

Any news about his abilities on the grill?

TheStig

From early february it has been reported about him learning Spanish
Just a rumor, we'll see soon at his first press conference but I think we won't hear Spanish from his mouth soon. And it is a problem, many of our players don't speak English.

What about the other thing? Flick was the architect of 2014 Germany?

Birdy

Just a rumor, we'll see soon at his first press conference but I think we won't hear Spanish from his mouth soon. And it is a problem, many of our players don't speak English.

almost all our players speak or at least understand English.
Look at the vids with even youngsters like Balde exchanging their first words with Flick in english.

The bilingual assistant coach will help the few that will struggle

Birdy

More like common knowledge in the industry. I remember having first heard of it when he took over Bayern, before succeeding.
There were many tributes to Flick when he won the sextuple explaining his role at German NT since 2006.

For instance:

The fact that DfB made him Sporting Director after 2014 win was essentially a recognition of his influence on the outcome

KingLeo10

Realistic expectations:
Top 2 la liga
CL R16 or QF
CDR Win or at least semis
Other more abstract expectations:
A clear identity. I never could figure out Xavi's core philosophy.
Better mentality and physicality
Better tactics and ingame adjustments
No CL humiliations. Sick of them. If we lose to a big club ,no problems. As long as we show grit and determination, I will be happy. A club like PSG have put 4 past us on three occasions. I don't want to see that anymore.
:lol: :lol:

Hilarious how you were foaming at the mouth about Xavi's results yet put the same expectation basically results wise for Flick.

Clear identity is such a copout. Clear identity means fuck all when you don't win anything :lol: Well in fact it does - it means the identity of the team is not that of winners :lol:

serghei

Clear identity... :lol: That's like thinking that an instagram picture of a perfect steak is better than a real good, not great steak that you can actually smell and eat. And that instagram steak is served in a Michelin star restaurant located somewhere in North London, even though nobody ordered one in over a decade.

Messigician

Clear identity... :lol: That's like thinking that an instagram picture of a perfect steak is better than a real good, not great steak that you can actually smell and eat. And that instagram steak is served in a Michelin star restaurant located somewhere in North London, even though nobody ordered one in over a decade.
You got steak on the mind today serghei?

Birdy

Hilarious how you were foaming at the mouth about Xavi's results yet put the same expectation basically results wise for Flick.

Clear identity is such a copout. Clear identity means fuck all when you don't win anything :lol: Well in fact it does - it means the identity of the team is not that of winners :lol:

Aye,
For Madritistas like yourself clear identity doesn't mean anything.
Only trophies count, right?

Take you current best buddy Serghei and go the only place you belong, the Madrid forum

BJJ

What did we look like under Xavi? What was his game plan? I'm still confused by what Xavi was trying to achieve. On one hand he talks about attacking and Barca DNA and on the other he throws defenders on to maintain a 1 nil lead. He was clueless and it showed. If anything we we will see a more attacking Barca with more goals scored than under Xavi.

Messi983

And who will score more goals? A retired Lewy? Shark? We have created a lot of chances under Xavi, just didn't realize them. And obviously lack of concentration in defense.

Sometimes is about the players too not only the coach, lol.

For comparison sake it would be great if we couldn't sign anyone so we can see if Hansi can do better with the same team as Xavi. I'd say no. Now if he can get a good DM he'll already have a big advantage over Xavi who had to play Christensen there. And obviously he'll get back Balde and Gavi.

Messi983

But what does it mean to compete in Europe at all levels? Real Madrid, which has been European champion without losing any of the 13 Champions League games, could only beat the reviled Xavi's Barça beyond the 90th minute. With a goal from Bellingham in Montjuïc and another goal from him at the Bernabéu. .. In that match about which Laporta still says that he hopes to see the video of Lamine Yamal's “clear goal” that the VAR did not award. That is to say, Ancelotti's invincible team, the football-making machine, with a stratospheric Vinicius, could only beat Barça in the aggregate of the two matches and with refereeing injustice. So, well, the squad was already capable of competing against the best. In fact, he did. Now we need to win. This is what is asked of Flick. Poor Hansi.

Home of Barca Fans