Hans-Dieter Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

BJJ

I'm sure it will be more entertaining than Xavi's Barca.
Hopefully he connects to the players and they take his ideas on board.

Messi983

@Messi983

Thought you would be more supportive of Flicks appointment.

Would you have preferred Xavi stayed?

No, I'm ok with a change just not how Laporta dealt with the whole situation. But that's for another debate.

He was far from perfect but I still liked many things Xavi did as a coach but as said in the past I think Xavi the Sport Director in many ways limited Xavi the coach. He was given too much power for his own good. What also really put me off with him lately was his treatment of Roque (tbf his assessment might be right but at least give him a fair chance) so from that perspective glad Vitor will get a fresh start (although Flick might have even bigger tendency to play Lewy).

I was advocating going away from "Barca DNA" for years so would be hypocritical saying I don't like this now that it happened. But Flick wouldn't be the the first man on my list. If going German school I'd prefer Nagelsmann or Klopp (clearly wouldn't happen this summer and probably never will) or even going another direction with someone like Ruben Amorim (again, not available now due to high clause we can't afford to pay) who would be better candidates to build a long term project imo. As much as we can talk about long term projects at the club where average coach last around two years.

Would be very happy if Hansi is an improvement over Xavi but I just don't share Birdy's blind faith that he will turn things around over the night. For me is more likely he'll struggle to adapt and be gone before end of next season than have any success here but hope he'll prove me wrong. I want the best for the team and Flick is now our coach so he'll get my support.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He will be either a big success and our players will love him or our players will be confused by his ideas and Hansi doesnt understand the players.

Let's hope for the first scenario...

Porque

He will be either a big success and our players will love him or our players will be confused by his ideas and Hansi doesnt understand the players.

Let's hope for the first scenario...

Luckily apart from Bob, our seniors are uses to methodologies similar to Flicks and not indoctrined with the Barca DNA lineage.

The dressing room leadership is likely to be Gundy, Lewy, Kimmich for better or worse.

The same way Xavi wanted Alves and Bob to teach the Barca way, Flick will want these type of guys to put into action and show his.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Luckily apart from Bob, our seniors are uses to methodologies similar to Flicks and not indoctrined with the Barca DNA lineage.

The dressing room leadership is likely to be Gundy, Lewy, Kimmich for better or worse.

The same way Xavi wanted Alves and Bob to teach the Barca way, Flick will want these type of guys to put into action and show his.

Yep good conditions to create a fabulous team.....but there is still the 1% doubt :nervous:

Porque

@Messi983.

Got you. Wanted Nagelsmann too but seems that Flick will have a more compatible personality with the board which is important.

Start of the season wil be incredibly important. He will want to bring the teams fitness up, which should be possible with the age of the squad but I wonder how quickly that can be achieved with a shorter pre-season thanks to the Euros.

Oh and, maybe we should retain Joao Felix, just for the shits and giggles of seeing a roided up Felix ala Coutinho and Goretzka in Bayern.

Nazario1985

Laporta confirmed there will be no BIG Signing nor a BIG Sale.

So read every news starting with "Hansi Flick want this player to stay", as "Hansi flick has no choice but to play the current squad"

Fati_Future_BallonDor

We saw how emotional Laporta is, this would never work with the personality of Nagelsmann or Tuchel.

Flick fits way better even if he is worse than Nagelsmann in tactial aspects it will work better long term

Reactions: BJJ

TheStig

2) Coaching career as 1st coach is too short yes. BUT: he was the architect of the German NT from 2008 until the WC win in 2014. The brain behind Joachim Lev. In that sense, he is very experienced
His sextuple win was not a surprise for the knowers in the industry, precisely because they were aware of all that

3) He has been learning Spanish for some months. Dual language assistant is coming to help on that front until his Spanish becomes even better. Besides, language barrier is an obsolete problem nowadays: most players know English anyway

Source for this?

Home of Barca Fans