Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Andresito

Staff member
Please, don't distort history to suit narratives.
I have a good memory and remember everything

At the return leg we had to play and win in case Inter dropped points. We were mathematically in the question.
And before the game Xavi and players were really passionate about 'it's first time to beat Bayern after many years'

All that talk for us to get humiliated at home, with Nagelsmann completely schooling Xavi...
Inter played before. I would know because I was outside Camp Nou cheering for Inter to drop points ahead of Barca's Bayern game.

Iniesta Ultra

Motta needed to blow a little cash but huge respect to the slot machine. Spent less than Flick with zero starters brought in.

Looking legit, and that isn't easy considering he resembles being Van Gerwens darting elder brother more than a football coach.

Pool doesn't have any weak positions so Slot isn't overachieving.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The 59-year-old Flick also raved about the good atmosphere surrounding the team and the club. “We can feel it when we're out on the streets or going out for a meal. People are so friendly to us and give us a lot of energy.” National goalkeeper Marc-André ter Stegen is also “very impressed” by the energy in the team. He hopes that things will continue like this in the coming weeks after the good start.

Loki

Flick has a brutal September schedule coming up after the international break. We play 5 games in 2 weeks. 4 away in Girona, Monaco, Villareal and Osasuna.
First of all we need to hope no injuries happen now at their national teams and then Flick needs to watch out he doesn't burn his important players that early in season.

Reactions: BJJ

Birdy

Inter played before. I would know because I was outside Camp Nou cheering for Inter to drop points ahead of Barca's Bayern game.

You are right.

Still, before the game, Xavi was musing confident about our ability to win against Bayern:
"We have to win regardless of what happens in Milan. We have to show tomorrow that we can be at the level of this type of teams."

serghei

I think it's pretty clear that the games vs Inter were key to advancing in the CL in that season. The team failed that year, but last year the club came back and got very close to a CL semifinal and potentially a final.

You need experience to go far in CL, and the team improved on this under Xavi no doubt. Last season it was the best CL run since 2019 by a distance.

I think now Flick can get us an extra step further. He seems up for it. All I see from Flick so far are great signs that he can build more over what Xavi did in his 2 full seasons. It is all about continuing the path forward.

At the moment Xavi got signed, the team was horrible in CL, trashed by Benfica, and even more horrible domestically, at the middle of the pack, on 9th place in La Liga. The situation now is much much improved.

Flick took over a team that shortly before was crowned champions of Spain, and CL quarterfinalists, one step into the semis before an idiotic red card. It's night and day.

It seems Laporta is doing a very good job. Appointed and sacked Xavi at the right moment, and if he got the successor spot on in Flick, this team is going places. If money come back... sky is the limit.

Last edited:

serghei

Folk need to mature a bit, stop with the schoolgirl nonsense, and see that the progress has been notable and quite impressive for a club dealing with struggles on multiple fronts at the same time. Please respect that. It's not much to ask.

serghei

Nice way of saying got as far as quarters.

Even quarter is notable, but you have to mention that 11 vs 11 the club was well on top in the tie. But even that huge fuck-up by Araujo, it's part of European experience.

He didn't admit to it, and acted poorly, but in his mind, if he's not a total dumber, Araujo knows how much he failed the team.

Horatio

You're welcome
Even quarter is notable, but you have to mention that 11 vs 11 the club was well on top in the tie.

Yes. I credit Xavi for the work done. For me tie was bottled by Araujo. Some are saying Xavi should’ve acted cause Araujo was
getting targeted, but way too harsh imo.

Araujo should’ve known better. Also unwilling to take responsibility reaffirms his immaturity. He hadn’t had a brainfart like that in a long time so was right to trust him. But alas…

Of course there is no guarantee we would’ve advanced if Araujo wasn’t sent off but odds were heavily in favour and would like to believe we would.

jamrock

Flick improve the European performance, he has way more experience than Xavi.

In 2 full years he got grouped once and was a fuck up away from a SF, which would indicate he was learning and improving.

Nobody bar those with agendas give a fuck about the E.L, it would have been nice to win, but meh.

serghei

True, and all the experience you gather is gonna be valuable.

Arsenal got the same path. Not very good in Europe. Knocked out by Sporting in EL 2 years ago, subpar vs Bayern last season in quarters. Experience counts a lot.

European knockout games is where the pressure is huge. Can't be compared to league games. If you are not used to it, there's problems. And to get used to it, you have to play these games often.

serghei

Look at Barca.

Shite in CL groups in 2021.

Better in CL in 2022 but still came up short, albeit in a death group and losing on very small margins vs Inter.

Better in CL in 2023.

It's gradual progress. The next natural step is to attack the semis, this time without fucking up in the big moment.

jamrock

True, and all the experience you gather is gonna be valuable.

Arsenal got the same path. Not very good in Europe. Knocked out by Sporting in EL 2 years ago, subpar vs Bayern last season in quarters. Experience counts a lot.

European knockout games is where the pressure is huge. Can't be compared to league games. If you are not used to it, there's problems. And to get used to it, you have to play these games often.

Yea,. experience for a coaches and players matters a lot, in these high leverage moments.

I'm sure if araujo is in the same situation again, he won't make that tackle.

Home of Barca Fans