Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

Porque

Xavi was great at the beginning. Full of positivity and motivation.

He run his course. Flick is better for us right now. Let's see how long he stays positive and motivated though. Will probably last less time than Xavi.

But first things first. Good start. Haven't won a LaLiga opener for 3 seasons.

companyofcules

A bit too early to make comparisons. Let's see if Flick can win something important first. Or at least compete vs Madrid for the title. Long and difficult road ahead.

I hope I don't have to tell anyone that winning stuff is key.
Well if you want to compete Mbappe with Ferran Torres you need to be voted as sporting director at Barcelona.

Birdy

Bernal deceptively runs alot. At 17 he was probably just tired. Good management as Casado has the engine.

If Xavi was still manager then what's starting midfield ?

Pedri-Christensen-Roberto ?

Yeah, I take Flickball thanks

Possibly.

I also see that Flick wants a CM to have a huge engine. casado does that now, but Gavi is there the long-term starter. That means DM will be Bernal or De Jong. Hope the former long-term will bench the Dutch fraud

PS: of course no comparison with crybabe Xavi.

serghei

Xavi was great at the beginning. Full of positivity and motivation.

He run his course. Flick is better for us right now. Let's see how long he stays positive and motivated though. Will probably last less time than Xavi.

But first things first. Good start. Haven't won a LaLiga opener for 3 seasons.

Good post. He needs to keep going, get the points to give him some peace of mind and confidence. The 3pts at the start are good, it is expected for the team to struggle, that's normal all things considered.

If he can get them in time by playing better football, that's even more impressive. Personally, given the squad, I am satisfied even if the entire season is made up mostly of close wins. 1-0s, 2-1s stuff like that. All those 3pts add up nicely.

Porque

Possibly.

I also see that Flick wants a CM to have a huge engine. casado does that now, but Gavi is there the long-term starter. That means DM will be Bernal or De Jong. Hope the former long-term will bench the Dutch fraud

PS: of course no comparison with crybabe Xavi.

Think we should have gone for Onana ahead of Olmo?

Porque

Good post. He needs to keep going, get the points to give him some peace of mind and confidence. The 3pts at the start are good, it is expected for the team to struggle, that's normal all things considered.

If he can get them in time by playing better football, that's even more impressive. Personally, given the squad, I am satisfied even if the entire season is made up mostly of close wins. 1-0s, 2-1s stuff like that. All those 3pts add up nicely.

Hats off to Flick though. And in a way the club done him dirty.

He come in planning to play a double pivot. He could have very easily spent all of pre-season focusing on Oriol-Sergi Roberto until Gavi, Frenkie, Gundy etc are all back. That would have been completely logical.

Instead he takes a liking to the B team pairing of Casado-Bernal and focuses the summer on preparing them.

This gives the club the opportunity to save on the salary mass of both Roberto and Oriol.

Yet despite this finances are so atrocious that we can't register yet the only guy we brought in, while also having to fire sale our prospects like Faye, Roque not forgetting Chadi.

Messi983

Good win to "buy" himself a week of peace so he can continue to work. Hopefully some players will leave next week so we can register Olmo and players returning from injuries/vacations will improve their fitness level enough to get minutes vs Athletic. I think we have solid depth at most positions but ofc top level quality is at least questionable in several of them. Not much can or will be done about that though so have to work with what we have.

Would like for Flick to find and settle for a starting defense relatively soon in first month or two and build on their chemistry. As we've seen in Xavi's second season having a consistent back four is crucial. Ofc hopefully injury permiting. Araujo is out for months and even then will need some time to get back to match fitness so we need to find something that works for first half of the season. Make decision which youngsters he wants to keep and send others back down to BA or possibly on loan. For example probably shouldn't continue to "carry" all of Fort, Valle and Martin who cover same position(s) so it's unlikely they'll all get minutes.

Can't really do much to stabilize the midfield until at least Pedri and Frenkie (can't really count on Gavi for first half of the season too much imo) are back up to speed. And then ofc need to integrate Olmo. Starting attackers are pretty much set whether we like them or not and there isn't much depth behind them (which is self-inflicted because we're giving up on players too soon) but just something we'll have to survive with this season.

companyofcules

Yes, good for us that in 36 out of 38 games the club is not gonna have to compete vs Mbappe and Vinicius.
But the teams we compete will have to.
We are competing one of the strongest RM in their history sporting a statpadding machine. They can burn through La Liga and how Barcelona plays is irrelevant if we can't get 4 points from the direct confrontations.
But in my opinion we need 6 points considering our team is low cost so more likely to drop points.
For the moment we can't be sure if Olmo is better than Cancelo and Felix vs small teams, so if the team is better than the last season.
And the last season we lost the title in winter.

Loki

It was also a nice change having a normal, quiet coach on the sidelines and not someone who jumps and screems every five minutes at the referee. I hope they will start to treat us better again because of it.

BJJ

It was also a nice change having a normal, quiet coach on the sidelines and not someone who jumps and screems every five minutes at the referee. I hope they will start to treat us better again because of it.

It's huge . Imagine being a player and everytime you're under the pump, manager loses it and starts throwing tantrums.

Horatio

You're welcome

He’s starting out. Xavi was like that in beginning as well.

companyofcules

Good win to "buy" himself a week of peace so he can continue to work. Hopefully some players will leave next week so we can register Olmo and players returning from injuries/vacations will improve their fitness level enough to get minutes vs Athletic. I think we have solid depth at most positions but ofc top level quality is at least questionable in several of them. Not much can or will be done about that though so have to work with what we have.

Would like for Flick to find and settle for a starting defense relatively soon in first month or two and build on their chemistry. As we've seen in Xavi's second season having a consistent back four is crucial. Ofc hopefully injury permiting. Araujo is out for months and even then will need some time to get back to match fitness so we need to find something that works for first half of the season. Make decision which youngsters he wants to keep and send others back down to BA or possibly on loan. For example probably shouldn't continue to "carry" all of Fort, Valle and Martin who cover same position(s) so it's unlikely they'll all get minutes.

Can't really do much to stabilize the midfield until at least Pedri and Frenkie (can't really count on Gavi for first half of the season too much imo) are back up to speed. And then ofc need to integrate Olmo. Starting attackers are pretty much set whether we like them or not and there isn't much depth behind them (which is self-inflicted because we're giving up on players too soon) but just something we'll have to survive with this season.
Flick likes to rotate the team alot for now. He likes fresh players regardless of quality. That can help with the injuries and keeping the intensity.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Hansi about Lewa: 'He didnt only score the goals but also worked well in defence.'

'We had a lot of problems in first half but improved in second half. We are very happy about the 3 points and need to accept that some players aren't available at the moment.'

Home of Barca Fans