Hansi Flick

Hansi Flick - how do we rate him?

• Total voters

iniestaGOAT

Hansi about Lewa: 'He didnt only score the goals but also worked well in defence.'

'We had a lot of problems in first half but improved in second half. We are very happy about the 3 points and need to accept that some players aren't available at the moment.'

We all know that bum Frenkie de jong is pretending to be injured

serghei

But the teams we compete will have to.
We are competing one of the strongest RM in their history sporting a statpadding machine. They can burn through La Liga and how Barcelona plays is irrelevant if we can't get 4 points from the direct confrontations.
But in my opinion we need 6 points considering our team is low cost so more likely to drop points.
For the moment we can't be sure if Olmo is better than Cancelo and Felix vs small teams, so if the team is better than the last season.
And the last season we lost the title in winter.

Of course, but as I said, a 5-0 win is valued the same as a 2-1 or a 1-0, you only gain 3pts. So as long as we win our games vs teams under our level, we will be there for the title fight until the end. It's a completely logical connection, everybody knows h2h we are way behind Madrid. We were under them for many years, since 2019 probably, and this season the gap increased even more.

Last season, the team wasted a good amount of points vs much inferior sides due to various brainfarts in defense. Flick's main job this season is to plug the hole regarding that sorts of problems and motivate the squad to minimize the gifts we make to opposition. That nasty stuff can kill our momentum in the league.

If he does that, he will have at least a decent debut season, and it will open up an angle for us to do even better, even entering good season outcomes. It is tough, but doable. We have a fierce rival, and start clearly as an underdog, but have superiority vs other teams in the league, even overwhelming superiority against most sides.

Last edited:

Loki

@fansjavimiguel
: "Hansi Flick does not give players extra rest days as was the case during Xavi's time, who used to give players extra rest based on some challenges. Flick believes that everyone should be professional and treated as such, not like children in school based on prizes and gifts."

Another big W over the crybaby
From club de amigos to club de professionals?

Messigician

@fansjavimiguel
: "Hansi Flick does not give players extra rest days as was the case during Xavi's time, who used to give players extra rest based on some challenges. Flick believes that everyone should be professional and treated as such, not like children in school based on prizes and gifts."

Another big W over the crybaby
Too good to be true

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Interesting take

What is missing is that we looked more physically prepared eventhough he did mention those forward runs being key.

Raphinha in particular was one of the standout men. Seems to suit what Flick is looking for in a player.
And I think he could be one of the surprises of the season once again.

jamrock

For me, we looked more like a 3-1-6 city type thing when we had the ball, with Bernal as the pivot, with casado and balde joining the attack.

Or 3-1-2-4

We also definitely need to defend in a 4-4-2, but I mentioned what the video was talking about re lewa dropping deep and the wingers coming in to press, in either the match chat or afterwards.

It's a good way to hide Lewa's lack of pressing, but it leaves the wings too open, it will get exposed against better teams.

Birdy

It's a good way to hide Lewa's lack of pressing, but it leaves the wings too open, it will get exposed against better teams.

Yes.
By having wingers on CBs, Lewa and Raphina in front of pivots, and Casado-Bernal behind pivots you are essentially double-marking the pivots leaving both flanks 2v1 against you

I has to be adjusted

Loki

Hansi Flick: “The last days of the transfer window? I’m happy with my team. Every single player is ready to give 100%. I’m not worried about it.”

Refreshing to hear this after Xavi who moaned about every problem the club has.

Porque

Flick knows the only way to succeed with a defensive box of

Cubarsi-Inigo
Casado-Bernal

Is by giving them complete confidence and absolute room to go.

If you go talking about needing signings and moaning about quality then you have already asked the two 17 year olds and the 20 year old to fail.

Home of Barca Fans