Harry Kane

JamDav1982

False, and not my argument.

No your argument which was poor was that Barca didnt have the experience and then point to young players.

Reality... youngers players outshone their older ones when came to Pedri/Balde and Barca have more top level experience last season in terms of winning than just about any side bar Real.

Porque

First, give me yours so I can have the 1st laugh. These ranking things are for kids. I only do it because you guys constantly ask for such nonsense.

There are just 2 types of teams on the high-level scene. The elite teams, and the teams aspiring to replace them. Tier 1 and Tier 2.

And the arena where the fight happens is mainly the Champions League. It is the only competition, as imperfect as it is, where the best sides in multiple leagues get to play vs each other.

Salty meatballs.

serghei

Barca players got to experience a major title, many of them for the 1st time in their short careers. Now they will get to prove themselves in CL, at the highest level, to show they belong in the top 4 of Europe.

If they do prove it, then they will finally arrive on the grand stage of football. How can this not be a reasonable stance on their value? It's obvious you need to prove things in Europe too, to be considered great.

Porque

Your post asked for it, sorry.

I won't forget this.

7d91c4211681c6ce690ffa89517c96a66d4bf856.gif

ajnotkeith

Barca players got to experience a major title, many of them for the 1st time in their short careers. Now they will get to prove themselves in CL, at the highest level, to show they belong in the top 4 of Europe.

If they do prove it, then they will finally arrive on the grand stage of football. How can this not be a reasonable stance on their value? It's obvious you need to prove things in Europe too, to be considered great.
What is the standard required to 'prove' it? Individual top performances, or does your team have to win it? Do you need to get to the quarters or the semis or what?
There are plenty of players considered world-class who have had no success in CL as of yet due to their career circumstances (not playing in a team who is good enough to win it or being too young).

Let me give you one such example... from your own mouth, a player who has never played a single CL minute before :

No1 for me. Best RW since Salah declined.
You said Saka is the best right winger in the world... yet he hasn't even played a single CL minute, let alone performed in CL.

JamDav1982

Serghie never done contradicting himself.

Not only Saka... Bellingham is best mid at Real and better than Pedri what major title has he won?

serghei

You said Saka is the best right winger in the world... yet he hasn't even played a single CL minute, let alone performed in CL.

Yes. Never said a player can't be the best for me if he hasn't confirmed in CL. EPL level is very close to CL these days anyway.

serghei

What is the standard required to 'prove' it? Individual top performances, or does your team have to win it? Do you need to get to the quarters or the semis or what?
There are plenty of players considered world-class who have had no success in CL as of yet due to their career circumstances (not playing in a team who is good enough to win it or being too young).

You have to play very well vs top teams consistently.

Saka for example. This guy scored high-level goals vs City, United, Liverpool, this kinds of teams. That for me is high level.

Home of Barca Fans