Harry Kane

JamDav1982

Haha no its just different rules that you contradict yourself on.

Nice try.

Usual Serghie.

Reality... 'I have rules for Pedri I dont apply to others'.

serghei

There are no different rules. The best players are usually the ones that play in CL final phase and impact big games. This is mostly in CL, but EPL is also up there as the no1 league in terms of quality.

It's all pretty straightforward.

Of course, every team that is not mature enough to play CL top stages, but is getting there day by day, is gonna have some top players.

Barca are a top team too, not my fault you're comparing them vs Europe's elite. It's no shame to be 5-6th best team in Europe, considering our financial situation.

JamDav1982

There are no different rules. The best players are usually the ones that play in CL final phase and impact big games. This is mostly in CL, but EPL is also up there as the no1 league in terms of quality.

It's all pretty straightforward.

Yes there are different rules.

All pretty straightfoward Serghie mental gymnastics.

Mouth off about Pedri needing titles, CL peformances etc then name Bellingham as better than him.

Suits you.

Then again you claim Gavi is 'best ball winner in world' with 'elite mentality' at top level that Pedri lacks.

Sensational stuff.

serghei

Never said getting big titles is the only thing that factors in. That would mean Kane that got 0 titles so far at 30 years old is a shit player.

Also, Bellingham is only better than Pedri at AM and in attack obviously.

JamDav1982

Never said getting big titles is the only thing that factors in. That would mean Kane that got 0 titles so far at 30 years old is a shit player.

No you claimed Pedri lacks CL peformances..... Saka and Bellingham dont have.

Claimed young players like Pedri not elite mentally until won titles... Sake and Bellingham not won any.

Claimed Gavi is elite mentally compared to Pedri and is 'best ball winner in world'.

Non stop contradictions.

Usual.

serghei

And said Pedri lacks speed, is a soft player, that he doesn't have good enough end product, plenty of arguments that you happily ignore. Usual stuff. Try to make it as if one single post I make contains everything that forms my opinion. Sorry, that's not how an opinion on a subject is formed.

JamDav1982

And said Pedri lacks speed, is a soft player, that he doesn't have good enough end product, plenty of arguments that you happily ignore. Usual stuff. Try to make it as if one single post I make contains everything that forms my opinion. Sorry, that's not how an opinion on a subject is formed.

Yes and judging players on their attributes is what it comes down to. That is ignored as that is correct and relevant.. not a contradiciton and arguing against own points as per usual.

Not rules about mentality, trophies and mentality that only apply when see fit and talk about 'young players' and what they need to prove and to develop.

That is the contradiction.

Usual.

Ah 'Pedri is soft' and Gavi is elite hardman best ball winner in world etc...

Too easy.

serghei

Yes and judging players on their attributes is what it comes down to.

Not rules about mentality, trophies and mentality that only apply when see fit and talk about 'young players' and what they need to prove and to develop.

That is the contradiction.

Usual.

Ah 'Pedri is soft' and Gavi is elite hardman best ball winner in world etc...

Too easy.

:lol: You thought I'm aiming at a mathematical thing?

Of course it's subjective in the end. I mention things such as proving it in CL because this is the arena that subjects the players to the most complete and arduous test of ability. Things such as speed, stamina, stress resistance, strength, nearly all of them.

Performing consistently in CL is simply a confirmation that you likely rank high in all these important areas.

JamDav1982

No no.

The point is when people point out that they think Pedri is a top player you trip over youself to tell us how cant be due to titles, CL peformances and a mentality he cant have yet.

Yet then hold up Saka and Bellingham as top players based on ability and ignore same areas claim Pedri has not proven himself in.

If say 'EPL is better than La Liga' then also La Liga is better than Bundesliga.

It is not subjective in slightest if contradict yourself and dont apply same rules to each.

It is a different argument as to why think one is better than others based on attributes.

Stick to that and less of the contradictions.

ajnotkeith

Mate you literally said you can't call a player great till they perform in CL

serghei

No no.

The point is when people point out that they think Pedri is a top player you trip over youself to tell us how cant be due to titles, CL peformances and a mentality he cant have yet.

Yet then hold up Saka and Bellingham as top players based on ability and ignore same areas claim Pedri has not proven himself in.

If say 'EPL is better than La Liga' then also La Liga is better than Bundesliga.

It is not subjective in slightest if contradict yourself and dont apply same rules to each.

It is a different argument as to why think one is better than others based on attributes.

Stick to that and less of the contradictions.

:lol: I don't trip in arguments founded on solid logic. I only clarify things.

The only thing I should stay away from is rating players I don't see enough of and predicting how they do in the future. That I suck at. I admit.

JamDav1982

:lol: I don't trip in arguments founded on solid logic. I only clarify things.

The only thing I should stay away from is rating players I don't see enough of and predicting how they do in the future. That I suck at. I admit.

No the logic is horrendous.

What you do is try to remove subjectivity on current ability when it comes to Pedri... not won titles, not done it in CL latter stages etc.

Yet do exact opposite when it comes to Bellingham and Saka and ignore them also not having won titles or done it in latter stages of CL.

That is the contradictions.

So lets get it clear... Pedri does not have to have won titles or done it in latter stages of CL to be a top player?

He hasnt shown anything to have a weaker mentality than Bellingham or Saka?

Thats the argument now?

serghei

I already told you I think Saka has better attributes than Pedri. And Bellingham simply has more offensive arsenal to his game, a more influential player in the last 3rd. You think Pedri is gonna match Bellingham's offensive numbers next season? Please...

Home of Barca Fans