Harry Kane

JamDav1982

Yes. Never said a player can't be the best for me if he hasn't confirmed in CL. EPL level is very close to CL these days anyway.

Haha the mental gymnastics alive and well.

What has Bellingham done to be Reals best mid?

These players dont need the mental lift of winning a major trophy but Barca players do as 'inexperienced' without it....

Usual.

JamDav1982

You have to play very well vs top teams consistently.

Saka for example. This guy scored high-level goals vs City, United, Liverpool, this kinds of teams. That for me is high level.

Pedri has been the best mid at a major tournament and been best top notch v Real more than once, Bayern, Inter, PSG etc.

But none of that counts...

serghei

Some Barca players do get ahead of some Madrid players despite experience issues. Balde vs Mendy for example. So, another false argument.

I never made the claim that experience at the top is always the winning formula. Some high-level precocious talents can get in front of more experienced rivals.

serghei

Pedri has been the best mid at a major tournament and been best top notch v Real more than once, Bayern, Inter, PSG etc.

But none of that counts...

It counts. Pedri is a top talent. I'd take Bellingham over him as an AM. That's just my opinion, Bellingham hasn't proven more than Pedri, but I like his profile more.

JamDav1982

It counts. Pedris a top talent.

Indeed and he doesnt need 'experience' of winning league or CL to prove it.

You claimed Pedri lacks mentality as hasnt played with top players... what high level players have Saka and Bellingham played with in comparison to Pedri?

Pedri has played with Busquets, Messi etc.... who have those two played with?

serghei

Indeed and he doesnt need 'experience' of winning league or CL to prove it.
He doesn't. He is gonna be a top talent for 2-3 years more and if he doesn't confirm at the top in this timeframe, he is gonna be talked about as a player that failed to reach expectations.

Probably still a good player for La Liga at 24-25 if he stagnates, but not one of Europe's best.

JamDav1982

He doesn't. He is gonna be a top talent for 2-3 years more and if he doesn't confirm at the top in this timeframe, he is gonna be talked about as a player that failed to reach expectations.

Ok so the rules only apply to Pedri and not Saka or Bellingham?

Only Pedri has to develop a 'mentality' to win in CL to be held as top player and only Pedri has to develop this in way Saka/Bellingham havent?

Pedri doesnt lack mentality.

It makes no sense.

What has Saka done to be best RW in world and what has Bellingham done to best Real mid?

feggydinho

Ok so the rules only apply to Pedri and not Saka or Bellingham?

Only Pedri has to develop a 'mentality' to win in CL to be held as top player and only Pedri has to develop this in way Saka/Bellingham havent?

Pedri doesnt lack mentality.

It makes no sense.

What has Saka done to be best RW in world and what has Bellingham done to best Real mid?
Great argument actually

serghei

Saka plays in a tougher league atm, and he has shown more in this league than Pedri has so far in a not-quite-as-tough league.

Saka also needs to perform and prove himself in CL, but he is just a better player than Pedri. Faster, stronger, more combative, you name it.

JamDav1982

He does. Not as much as he lacks intensity and speed though.

No he doesnt.

You are waffling.

Pedri has been top v Real multiple times and other top teams.

In what way do Saka and Bellingham have stornger mentality than Pedri?

Why are they top players if not done much in CL, won a major title or played with top experienced players?

JamDav1982

Saka plays in a tougher league atm, and he has shown more in this league than Pedri has so far in a not-quite-as-tough league.

Saka also needs to perform and prove himself in CL, but he is just a better player than Pedri. Faster, stronger, more combative, you name it.

So if it is about league/titles and team mates then why rate Bellingham ahead of Pedri?

Pedri has had top games v Real and Inter, Bayern, PSG etc in CL and been best mid at intl tournament.. but ignore all that.

You are doing your usual waffling when caught out but will indulge it.

serghei

It's about a mix of things, but usually, the best players are the ones that play at a high level in CL. Of course, some exceptions happen.

This is not mathematics lol. So you pointing out some exceptions isn't achieving much, if at all.

Home of Barca Fans