Hector Bellerin

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some players peak earlier and there is no guarantee he will become better (not that he is on Barca standard now anyway).

Just look at Cesc. Peaked at 21 as well

Jombi

Never anymore Arsenal players. Sick of them. Hleb, Song, Cesc and Verma is enough for a while.

We can get Joel Veltman from Ajax for far less and he is a better fit for us.

Ripsta

Some players peak earlier and there is no guarantee he will become better (not that he is on Barca standard now anyway).

Just look at Cesc. Peaked at 21 as well

Fabregas was doing perfectly fine until he moved here and was played out of position.

IMO, he was the right signing at the wrong time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Cesc was a bad signing because he's a low intelligence player. Tactically he wasn't on Barca standard.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Fucken Cesc still gives me the creeps, lol...

I was quite thrilled when he came and his start was quite good. But he always had something about him that just didn't fit the team... maybe he banged in so many headers at first, his IQ dropped, idk...

Let's just take good care of Alves, reduce his playing time and still use him for 1-2 seasons (it would be awesome if we could get two more seasons from him after this one, if he wants to stay of course). Then we'll need to play without a player of Alves' class (like we did without Xavi), cause there's no way in hell we'll find another Dani in this market. Good part is that with the RBs of today, Alves could be top 3 in his position at 35, Maldini style.

I mean, if Bellerin is considered great because he can run pretty fast... then... nothing can be added really. Dani Alves has twice the footballing IQ of Bellerin.

He's young though, I give him that. For 25-30m he might be a good transfer.

Don't forget Danilo going for 30m :lol: The RB market sucks ass right now.

J

Jamie Cal

Fucken Cesc still gives me the creeps, lol...

I was quite thrilled when he came and his start was quite good. But he always had something about him that just didn't fit the team... maybe he banged in so many headers at first, his IQ dropped, idk...

Maybe it was that we had Xavi and Iniesta at the peak of their powers (for a while at least) ahead of him, and to play all 3 was us hamfisting him into the side?

The worst thing is that definitely helped push Thiago out.

J

Jamie Cal

meh, his form has dipped in 2016 (newsflash: all of Arsenal's players have) but saying he can't cross to save his life is way over the top. He has a pretty decent assist count and is dynamic in attacking areas, and that's what we need most out of a fullback. Not to mention this is his first full season as a starter. Let him develop for another year or 2 at that level then bring him back.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not his biggest fan, but the guy is 21.

People seriously cannot expect him to be the complete package at this age?

Even Alves at the start of his Sevilla career had flaws in his game which he later polished throughout the years. Every player do. Now, I'm not saying he'll be as good as :alveshat: , but only that he has a lot of time to improve in the areas he lack, like basically almost every player there have been.

J

Jamie Cal

Yeah, that's another thing, he has pretty much the same assists as Dani this year, who plays in a much better team, a much more consistent team, and in an even more attacking role. I'm not gonna flame Dani - I love the guy - but his end product is pretty naff.

Home of Barca Fans