Hector Bellerin

khaled_a_d

I am torn about him .
1-I don't like him as a player that much ,getting him make me feel like we will have 2 Alba's as our fullbacks .I like Alba but one is enough
2-I hate bringing La Masia players who left us for nothing back , unless they force their way out and make themselves affordable like Pique .they should learn if they leave they leave for good .not that leaving is a shortcut to 1st team
3-I hate signing Arsenal players
4-I hate that he speaks so much about how he won't join us back ,he could have put it more nicely tbh

But on the other hand ,there aren't many RBs available ,May be if we decide to roll the dice with Aleix & Roberto we could be set .but if we decided that Aleix ain't good enough ,Roberto is a CM and we need a RB to take over Alves from the market ,there is right now a clear lack of alternatives .we were looking for Danillo at some point thinking he is the RB to take over Alves .that is how depleted the market in that position .
May be by next year someone will emerge .

Never anymore Arsenal players. Sick of them. Hleb, Song, Cesc and Verma is enough for a while.

We can get Joel Veltman from Ajax for far less and he is a better fit for us.

Be careful what you wish for ,Eredivisie players has been overrated for a while and most of them struggles when move directly to big clubs
I really can't remember many of them who was able to make an instant impact in the past half of decade .
Can understand your points with Ligue 1 players ,they are still competitive and producing gr8 players .but Eredivisie? this league has fallen drastically in the past decade which is just sad
Unless we are eying a player to send on loan for 2-3 years in Liga ,we shouldn't fool ourselves thinking there players is good enough for Barca right now

Last edited:

Ripsta

Cesc was a bad signing because he's a low intelligence player. Tactically he wasn't on Barca standard.

That's a bit harsh isn't it? I think he's done more than enough in his career to say otherwise. Tactically he was never Barcelona standard because we play one way only. He joined with Iniesta and Xavi at the peak of their powers who had been playing together for eight years prior to his arrival, our makeshift plan B at the time was to cross it to Fabregas, totally misuing him.

Last season there should have been instant regrets after he left. His first assist for Chelsea was a thing of beauty, the vision and execution of the pass was phemomenal. Up until January he was arguably the best central mid in Europe alongside Matic. We#re quick to forget that because from that point on, Messi took charge and won us the treble. With him and the other two struggling for consistency in the last few weeks, the midfield is being shown up again.

Jombi

I am torn about him .
1-I don't like him as a player that much ,getting him make me feel like we will have 2 Alba's as our fullbacks .I like Alba but one is enough
2-I hate bringing La Masia players who left us for nothing back , unless they force their way out and make themselves affordable like Pique .they should learn if they leave they leave for good .not that leaving is a shortcut to 1st team
3-I hate signing Arsenal players
4-I hate that he speaks so much about how he won't join us back ,he could have put it more nicely tbh

But on the other hand ,there aren't many RBs available ,May be if we decide to roll the dice with Aleix & Roberto we could be set .but if we decided that Aleix ain't good enough ,Roberto is a CM and we need a RB to take over Alves from the market ,there is right now a clear lack of alternatives .we were looking for Danillo at some point thinking he is the RB to take over Alves .that is how depleted the market in that position .
May be by next year someone will emerge .

Be careful what you wish for ,Eredivisie players has been overrated for a while and most of them struggles when move directly to big clubs
I really can't remember many of them who was able to make an instant impact in the past half of decade .
Can understand your points with Ligue 1 players ,they are still competitive and producing gr8 players .but Eredivisie? this league has fallen drastically in the past decade which is just sad
Unless we are eying a player to send on loan for 2-3 years in Liga ,we shouldn't fool ourselves thinking there players is good enough for Barca right now

I do agree that the Dutch league isnt as good as it was, but Joel Veltman has played alot of games in Europe, even against us, and also for the Netherlands. He has performed very well at the highest level in Europe and for the Netherlands as well. Watch him play for the Netherlands or in Europe and judge for yourself.

Other RB options could be Fabinho from Monaco and João Cancelo from Valencia. They are both in their early 20s like Joel Veltman and I think they are both better than Bellerin, but more importantly, they are actually available.

serghei

I think people are too critical about Danilo myself. He is not that bad. Only 24 as well. Still plenty of time for this transfer to work for RM. The "new Alves" tag is horse shit though, Alves was a different animal at 24-25.

Last edited:

gasgas

We dont need a new RB.
We need a LB
We need a CM
And may be a forward, in which case we could bring pedro back

khaled_a_d

I do agree that the Dutch league isnt as good as it was, but Joel Veltman has played alot of games in Europe, even against us, and also for the Netherlands. He has performed very well at the highest level in Europe and for the Netherlands as well. Watch him play for the Netherlands or in Europe and judge for yourself.

Other RB options could be Fabinho from Monaco and João Cancelo from Valencia. They are both in their early 20s like Joel Veltman and I think they are both better than Bellerin, but more importantly, they are actually available.

The thing is ,there is a difference between playing few games with NT and the demands of playing at a high level on consistent basis . may be he is good but it is just too risky at this point .may be if we had money to spare in the next transfer window we can get him and loan him to Liga club .

Forget about Cancelo & Fabinho .both were linked to the club b4 .Cancelo is a player to watch considering his age and fitting our profile of signing Liga players .but he is even worse defensively than Bellerin .if he improved that aspect next year he might be our signing .
Fabinho is good alternative too
we were also highly interested in an AS Roma youth team prospect Nura Abdullahi .so may be we can replace Alves with someone not from Arsenal

Jombi

The thing is ,there is a difference between playing few games with NT and the demands of playing at a high level on consistent basis . may be he is good but it is just too risky at this point .may be if we had money to spare in the next transfer window we can get him and loan him to Liga club .

Forget about Cancelo & Fabinho .both were linked to the club b4 .Cancelo is a player to watch considering his age and fitting our profile of signing Liga players .but he is even worse defensively than Bellerin .if he improved that aspect next year he might be our signing .
Fabinho is good alternative too
we were also highly interested in an AS Roma youth team prospect Nura Abdullahi .so may be we can replace Alves with someone not from Arsenal

Veltman always plays at a high level not only for the NT but also in Europe, both in CL and Europa league. I urge you to watch him before you dismiss him. All players are risky, and I dont see how Veltman is so risky, yet we have a terrible record of signing Arsenal players like Hleb, Song, Cesc and Vermaelen. Arsenal players are more risky! I mentioned Cancelo, but this idea that La Liga players "fit our profile" is something we should stop with. Vidal and Arda were also seen as "not risky". Well, here we are. It looks like we have just p***** away 60m euros on la liga garbage that we cant sell. We should buy players from various leagues, including La Liga, not have a tunnel vision and let good options pass.

We should open our eyes and imagination. This idea that we have to buy from Arsenal, PSG or some other rich club and that everything else is so risky is absolutely killing us in the market. There are always options available.

Last edited:

navidjaan

Don't know if two Albas in one team is a good idea, but when Alves is done, there may not be a better choice anywhere. Plus, it keeps up the La Masia balance :cool:

El Flaco

[tw]735755303250104320[/tw]

[tw]735543069844643840[/tw]

[tw]735679371290107905[/tw]

Last edited:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
If Dani goes, he would probably be a solid replacement, if not the best. Good right wingbacks are scarce anyway, and I heard mostly positive things about him.

Home of Barca Fans