Ibrahim Afellay

mobster_1930

I also think that Affelay has been shit, don't now why all of you are against dalitis. Potential ? He is older than Messi ffs, he had potential 5 years ago and now he is just 25 year old stucked on bench of both Barca and Netherlands. He needs to shake of his fear of playing for big club otherwise he will fail. Honestly, I doubt he will turn good, this kind mentality is just something you have it or not.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
See its not really a claim. I agree that he may not be good enough for Barca but he has talents and he does bring something different to our game. i mean what the fuck do you expect from a bench warmer that cost us 3 million? He doesn't even complain about it, he is easily good enough to be a regular at another top club like Arsenal but he'd rather stay at Barca. You won't be able to bring many players and keep them content with the so little playing time that afellay gets. that's the difference between paying 40 million for someone like aguero and 3 mil for Afellay, if it was possible obviously someone like Aguero would be on our bench rather than Afellay. See this is what i find annoying about you. i mean i also agree that he isnt that great but how can you call yourself a Barcelona supporter and then shit so regularly on squad players like Afellay and Keita by saying "He is shit, sell him"....I'm not telling you to be a sheep and agree with what everyone says, but you can get your point across in a more courteous and civilised manner.

The way you keep disrespecting solid squad players (whom pep loves) makes you sound like a glory hunter. i mean if you want all of your squad to be Galacticos and world beaters then why don't you go and support real madrid? You don't necessarily win by squad stacking and paying at least 30 mil for each of your players, a barca 'fan' should know that by now :rolleyes:

You are right to point out that not all players should be world class in a club. But we already have those. Pedro, Biscuits, Adriano and Keita (whom I used to like, but I feel is getting old by now) As good as Pedro may be, he is not truly world if we are being honest here, so goes for Biscuits.

Afellay, I fear, cannot play the role of a squad player in any meanigful way. We should have sold him in the summer for a premium (thank God we bought him cheap) and bring a younger talent that may deliver the goods without breaking the bank.

As for Aguero sitting on our bench...You gotta be kidding me. Aguero is far ahead of anything we have in our forward line, except of course Leo Messi. He would be an automatic starter.

I intentionally sound extremely harsh on some players, and with Barcelona in general (after 09/10 I said that I was bitterly disappointed due to the Inter defeat) because one thing that I realised about football, is that the managing staff, the board, as well as the fans should never be fully happy and content. You should always look for your weaknesses, what you have done wrong, what can be improved. Even if there is little that can rationally be criticized, you should even maybe make up something out of nothing, so that permanent agitation persists. Otherwise you have stagnation/regression, two conditions that are paradoxically synonymous.

You are right to point out that not all players should be world class in a club. But we already have those. Pedro, Biscuits, Adriano and Keita (whom I used to like, but I feel is getting old by now) As good as Pedro may be, he is not truly world if we are being honest here, so goes for Biscuits.

Afellay, I fear, cannot play the role of a squad player in any meanigful way. We should have sold him in the summer for a premium (thank God we bought him cheap) and bring a younger talent that may deliver the goods without breaking the bank.

As for Aguero sitting on our bench...You gotta be kidding me. Aguero is far ahead of anything we have in our forward line, except of course Leo Messi. He would be an automatic starter.

I intentionally sound extremely harsh on some players, and with Barcelona in general (after 09/10 I said that I was bitterly disappointed due to the Inter defeat) because one thing that I realised about football, is that the managing staff, the board, as well as the fans should never be fully happy and content. You should always look for your weaknesses, what you have done wrong, what can be improved. Even if there is little that can rationally be criticized, you should even maybe make up something out of nothing, so that permanent agitation persists. Otherwise you have stagnation/regression, two conditions that are paradoxically synonymous.

The thing is though, you can't have a team of just world class players. We are close to it as it is but our payroll would be even bigger. So you want aguero on our team as well? How bout Rooney? Besides the payroll aspect, it would weaken the other teams around Europe so much that it would make games less fun to watch.

Do you think there is team out there who has a team of just "world class" players? I'm not trying to call you out or anything and I know you just said that we should never be satisfied as fans which you are entitled to say ( though I disagree with that). I mean would you rather have Xabi alonso and Di Maria than Busquets and Pedro? Busquets value around here might have been lowered thanks to pep refusing to play him in his actual position.

For me even if we won nothing this year I would still be happy with our team for what they have accomplished and the way they play the game. Cause even though the last two games had disappointing results, we still got to see our team dominate the flow of the game and entertain us for 90 min.

Mocro

I also think that Affelay has been shit, don't now why all of you are against dalitis. Potential ? He is older than Messi ffs, he had potential 5 years ago and now he is just 25 year old stucked on bench of both Barca and Netherlands. He needs to shake of his fear of playing for big club otherwise he will fail. Honestly, I doubt he will turn good, this kind mentality is just something you have it or not.

Have you even watched the games of the Dutch squad? And I know its not fear, thats not in his game. Its being sensible. Barca had a 2-1 lead when he came in, is that really the time to go all out?

LaMessiah

good showing from affelay after coming off injury, he seems more comfortable than last year. gives great depth to the squad. that pass to messi was so fucking close

Theconomist

The thing is though, you can't have a team of just world class players. We are close to it as it is but our payroll would be even bigger. So you want aguero on our team as well? How bout Rooney? Besides the payroll aspect, it would weaken the other teams around Europe so much that it would make games less fun to watch.

Do you think there is team out there who has a team of just "world class" players? I'm not trying to call you out or anything and I know you just said that we should never be satisfied as fans which you are entitled to say ( though I disagree with that). I mean would you rather have Xabi alonso and Di Maria than Busquets and Pedro? Busquets value around here might have been lowered thanks to pep refusing to play him in his actual position.

For me even if we won nothing this year I would still be happy with our team for what they have accomplished and the way they play the game. Cause even though the last two games had disappointing results, we still got to see our team dominate the flow of the game and entertain us for 90 min.

Madrid,Man City both have better squads than us.
The only reason we are even in the top 3 in terms of squad strenght is due to how good players like Xavi,Pique,Iniesta and Messi are.I agree that our fringe players are waaay behind our first team and it does show. The thing is the way we play we never really need impact subs anyway but when we do they are not there.

W

woobie

In what universe does City have a better squad than Barcelona? (Madrid you could make the argument with)

X

xaviniesta

City better squad than ours... Busquets, Pedro not WC... That's two gems for comments on this page!!

a lot better actually
8onnk.jpg
yh5.jpg

LaMessiah

3 favorites from that:
Milner and Barry worth more than Xavi
Shawn Wright-Phillips worth as much as pique and more than puyol
Maxwell valued at 26M

so much fail

P

Plato

Demichelis and Otamendi start for Argentina.

Klose starts for Germany. >>> Does it mean they are Barca material?

And I did not see very much of Afellay in the WC 2010.

One of us does not understand the game for sure.

I responded to you saying he's shit, i didnt hear you say he wasnt barca material. If you said that, i would agree.
But calling a Dutch International shit? You must be out of your mind.

Home of Barca Fans