Ibrahim Afellay

dalitis8

Banned
So why is he a starter at the Oranje? You obviously don't understand the game. It's sad to see people like you on this forum.So very, very sad.

Demichelis and Otamendi start for Argentina.

Klose starts for Germany. >>> Does it mean they are Barca material?

And I did not see very much of Afellay in the WC 2010.

One of us does not understand the game for sure.

E

estranged

He is shit. Barely good enough for Granada. If that.

Pep disagrees. He's one of the main reasons you get to put that pic in your sig you glory hunter...speaking of which are members allowed to have sig pics that big? I don't want to scroll through the thread just to keep seeing this mans fucking signature.

dalitis8

Banned
Pep disagrees. He's one of the main reasons you get to put that pic in your sig you glory hunter...speaking of which are members allowed to have sig pics that big? I don't want to scroll through the thread just to keep seeing this mans fucking signature.

He did one good thing to the tiring Marcelo (after Pepe was sent off) and you think that he has earned his place at Barca?

What a football genius you must be...

E

estranged

He did one good thing to the tiring Marcelo (after Pepe was sent off) and you think that he has earned his place at Barca?

Messi did 2 things after Pepe was sent off, before that Messi was doing squat. If Afellay was shit pep wouldn't have used him as his match changing sub in a CL semi at the Bernabeu.

dalitis8

Banned
Messi did 2 things after Pepe was sent off, before that Messi was doing squat. If Afellay was shit pep wouldn't have used him as his match changing sub in a CL semi at the Bernabeu.

Messi scores around 50 goals per season, plus 20 assists.

3 years running has been CL top scorer.

Afellay did one good move in a CL semi. That is the essence of my argument. But you fail to grasp it. Nothing can be analysed in sheer contingent isolation.

Pep used Afellay because he had no other attacking option. Not because he is great.

Barcilliant

I think he has potential-whether he will acheive that potential is something else. He -like everyone else in our team needs to take more initiative- ie try and beat a man, shoot from distance, draw a foul....whatever-just dont pass for the sake of keeping the ball ffs!!!

E

estranged

OK, so you are saying Afellay is good.

I will save this in the little bag I keep for everyone with silly claims. Time will be on my side again.

See its not really a claim. I agree that he may not be good enough for Barca but he has talents and he does bring something different to our game. i mean what the fuck do you expect from a bench warmer that cost us 3 million? He doesn't even complain about it, he is easily good enough to be a regular at another top club like Arsenal but he'd rather stay at Barca. You won't be able to bring many players and keep them content with the so little playing time that afellay gets. that's the difference between paying 40 million for someone like aguero and 3 mil for Afellay, if it was possible obviously someone like Aguero would be on our bench rather than Afellay. See this is what i find annoying about you. i mean i also agree that he isnt that great but how can you call yourself a Barcelona supporter and then shit so regularly on squad players like Afellay and Keita by saying "He is shit, sell him"....I'm not telling you to be a sheep and agree with what everyone says, but you can get your point across in a more courteous and civilised manner.

The way you keep disrespecting solid squad players (whom pep loves) makes you sound like a glory hunter. i mean if you want all of your squad to be Galacticos and world beaters then why don't you go and support real madrid? You don't necessarily win by squad stacking and paying at least 30 mil for each of your players, a barca 'fan' should know that by now :rolleyes:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
See its not really a claim. I agree that he may not be good enough for Barca but he has talents and he does bring something different to our game. i mean what the fuck do you expect from a bench warmer that cost us 3 million? He doesn't even complain about it, he is easily good enough to be a regular at another top club like Arsenal but he'd rather stay at Barca. You won't be able to bring many players and keep them content with the so little playing time that afellay gets. that's the difference between paying 40 million for someone like aguero and 3 mil for Afellay, if it was possible obviously someone like Aguero would be on our bench rather than Afellay. See this is what i find annoying about you. i mean i also agree that he isnt that great but how can you call yourself a Barcelona supporter and then shit so regularly on squad players like Afellay and Keita by saying "He is shit, sell him"....I'm not telling you to be a sheep and agree with what everyone says, but you can get your point across in a more courteous and civilised manner.

The way you keep disrespecting solid squad players (whom pep loves) makes you sound like a glory hunter. i mean if you want all of your squad to be Galacticos and world beaters then why don't you go and support real madrid? You don't necessarily win by squad stacking and paying at least 30 mil for each of your players, a barca 'fan' should know that by now :rolleyes:

What do you know!? You must be a genius FFS

PSV & Barca

You're absolutely right, people here are judging players by day. If Ibi next match plays well, he should be a starter. Yesterday indeed he didn't play very good and agressive, but he still has a lot of potential and is one of the fastest players of the Barca squad. Hope he takes his chances and shows his capabilities. Of course you can criticize players, but in the end you have to support him as well as other players wearing the beatiful Barca logo.

Mocro

He needs to be like good ol' Jeffren: TAKE ON DEFENDERS AND DON'T BE AFRAID!

But where is Jeffren now? I don't know what assignments or tasks Pep gives Afellay, but he does play it safe a lot. Keeping possession of the bal seems holy in his game. Which is a shame, because thats not how I remember Afellay. He used to put a lot of risk in his game and was encouraged to do so by the staff. Continuously looking up his opponents and pass them as if they were standing still. Could be that Pep wants him to play it safe, he is a teamplayer and doesnt have a big ego to disregard Pep's message and play for himself. Perhaps thats why Barcelona wanted to keep Afellay in the squad. And yes its a shame he didnt score yesterday, but he is not a striker. I mean he just came back from a 2 months injury, first 10 minutes, misses 1 chance...he isnt (the real) Ronaldo. Barcelona didnt sign Afellay for his goals.

Home of Barca Fans