Ibrahim Afellay

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, supposedly it'll be field work albeit light work...Good to hear, perhaps there is a chance he will see some meaningful minutes ahead of the Euros...and perhaps even save him a squad spot going forward

LaMessiah

Yeah, supposedly it'll be field work albeit light work...Good to hear, perhaps there is a chance he will see some meaningful minutes ahead of the Euros...and perhaps even save him a squad spot going forward
i truly hope so, was finally getting comfortable with the team. i really like this guy

ammarfcb

ze special one
tumblr_lw7hg8eLGj1qld06ao1_500.png

trying to pull a de niro face here

Xavi6

Poor Ibi, he really could've had a chance right now with Villa out to establish himself into the team, get some playing time and develop further because everyone knows just how much potential he has. Really hope he does get a fair shot here at Barca

B

barcelonista

He will get his chances. Pep is too classy to offload him after such a short time at the club, just comming back from a long term injury. Nevertheless, his chances are slim as never before to ever make it into the starting XI. Cuenca impressed a lot more than Afellay in a much shorter time span. Messi, Pedro, Sanchez, Cuenca, Fabregas are all options upfront. Plus Villa next season of course. And possibly Neymar as well. And who knows who else Pep will promote next season. Tello? Rafinha?

If a club like Arsenal wanted him, I'd sell him. Not because I don't want Afellay (I love his shy / humble personality, a schoolboy just like Pep wants it ;)). But because he deserves more playing time than he will get here. In fact, Arsenal would be perfect (don't they need someone like him anyway, hence the Podolski rumours?). RvP-Afellay partnership. :worthy:

Trickykid

He will get his chances. Pep is too classy to offload him after such a short time at the club, just comming back from a long term injury. Nevertheless, his chances are slim as never before to ever make it into the starting XI. Cuenca impressed a lot more than Afellay in a much shorter time span. Messi, Pedro, Sanchez, Cuenca, Fabregas are all options upfront. Plus Villa next season of course. And possibly Neymar as well. And who knows who else Pep will promote next season. Tello? Rafinha?

If a club like Arsenal wanted him, I'd sell him. Not because I don't want Afellay (I love his shy / humble personality, a schoolboy just like Pep wants it ;)). But because he deserves more playing time than he will get here. In fact, Arsenal would be perfect (don't they need someone like him anyway, hence the Podolski rumours?). RvP-Afellay partnership. :worthy:

Henrique and Keirrison doesn't approve of this statement.

Trickykid

They weren't signed for the first team, though.

I know they weren't supposed to break through right away, and loans were in the cards, but surely they were signed as future first teamers?
As it turned out they clearly just weren't good enough, but it's not like they got the chance either.

I mean, there's no way in hell you'd pay, what, 8-10 mill euros for b-team players.

Home of Barca Fans