Ibrahim Afellay

Marroquí20

You have not followed him beginning of the season.
And with the Dutch national team, he is every match... man of the match there.
He is quick, good condition, understanding, good right and left leg.

He will come back stronger, you will see..
I have contact with his brother. And he says that Afellay is very hungry and tormented!

He will show his class coming weeks if he gets playing time. Contrary to the upcoming European Championships.
Afellay is the darling of the Dutch national coach.

Ibrahimovic himself said after the match Netherlands - Sweden. That Afellay is a very good player, and will come far.
Pedro/Cuenca/Tello is nothing compared to Afellay. Only Pedro works good, because he knows that Afellay is coming.

You'll see! Until then.

Marroquí20

Arsenal player Robin van Persie visited yesterday Barcelona's team hotel Grosvenor House-Marriott after the league game Arsenal-Wigan.

Van Persie was seen chatting with fellow countryman Ibrahim Afellay and could have caught up with his former team-mate Cesc Fabregas.

Kerrybai

You have not followed him beginning of the season.
And with the Dutch national team, he is every match... man of the match there.
He is quick, good condition, understanding, good right and left leg.

He will come back stronger, you will see..
I have contact with his brother. And he says that Afellay is very hungry and tormented!

He will show his class coming weeks if he gets playing time. Contrary to the upcoming European Championships.
Afellay is the darling of the Dutch national coach.

Ibrahimovic himself said after the match Netherlands - Sweden. That Afellay is a very good player, and will come far.
Pedro/Cuenca/Tello is nothing compared to Afellay. Only Pedro works good, because he knows that Afellay is coming.

You'll see! Until then.
Pedro/tello/Cuenca nothing compared to Afellay? You must be kidding me. Pedro is a proven Barca player and Cuenca/Tello are 20. The fact you have even mentioned them in the same sentence as Affellay who is many years older than them speaks volumes about his failure to reach the heights people have expected from him. Tello and Cuenca have the potential to far outshine him. Just for the record I'm the bashing him, I have every hope that Affellay will take his game to another level at Barca.

Yugo Count Dante

Pedro/tello/Cuenca nothing compared to Afellay? You must be kidding me. Pedro is a proven Barca player and Cuenca/Tello are 20. The fact you have even mentioned them in the same sentence as Affellay who is many years older than them speaks volumes about his failure to reach the heights people have expected from him. Tello and Cuenca have the potential to far outshine him. Just for the record I'm the bashing him, I have every hope that Affellay will take his game to another level at Barca.
Hard to compare players in general who don't have the same style, you can't even compare Tello with Cuenca imo, totally different players.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I don't get why some fans have an issue with other fans having 'pet' players...I can recall a time when Oleguer had his own little cult following which I never quite understood (For his football anyway)...It shouldn't always be about the usual suspects anymore than only Messi's shirt selling

It's usually how I roll myself...Every summer I usually look for a player or two to follow (Last summer it was Cuenca & Tello)...Before that, Ibi

Frankly, there's a lot to like about Afellay too and I think his long absence probably makes it even harder to remember what he brings...Moreover, he was a winter signing last season who has yet to really have a full offseason of integrating with the team...Very versatile player with pace & a great shot in true Dutch fashion makes him still a delicious prospect for a team like Barça's...It's always been my hope for him to get a legit shot at making it here as well as having enough time to integrate...So much about the player to like...No reason to discount the player or rate him above or below anyone - given a chance, let's see what he can do

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
FCBarca said:
I don't get why some fans have an issue with other fans having 'pet' players...I can recall a time when Oleguer had his own little cult following which I never quite understood (For his football anyway)...It shouldn't always be about the usual suspects anymore than only Messi's shirt selling

Actually, people have been quite nice to Marroquí20, as he is only in the forum because of Afellay and pretty much only posts in this thread... I expected a lot more bullshit headed his way to be honest, but so far people have respectfully disagreed with him...

To be fair, Afellay is behind all of our forwards right now, because of the injury and the youngsters doing just fine... He will have to work very hard to earn a spot, there's no magic wand here...

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Respect to him for him being an intellect and a nationalist of the highest order, but he really did give me a few heart attacks over the years.
Yeah, he was pretty bereft of quality but people are overly harsh on him looking back. 99% of squads have players like him that are home-grown and happy to fill in wherever necessary. The club was not set up as well as it is now so we needed him (and others) back then.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No I know we needed him and he's a legend for other reasons than football but he would've never been able to play in this squad, for example...I meant that every squad has players that can gain a cult little following even if they aren't world class

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Oh yeah, I agree. He kinda fit the ragged glory of Rijkaard's teams tho', which I enjoyed. Very different to the machine-like qualities of Pep.

Home of Barca Fans