Ibrahim Afellay

kaisers0ze

Actually, people have been quite nice to Marroquí20, as he is only in the forum because of Afellay and pretty much only posts in this thread... I expected a lot more bullshit headed his way to be honest, but so far people have respectfully disagreed with him...

To be fair, Afellay is behind all of our forwards right now, because of the injury and the youngsters doing just fine... He will have to work very hard to earn a spot, there's no magic wand here...

Dont talk about the guy as if he's an "einzelganger". Ive always followed barca but i only joined this forum because of Ibi to(been following this guys since his youth.. before PSV).. so much for your "..as he is only in the forum because of Afellay"

"but so far people have respectfully disagreed with him" What bullshit is this? he didnt have much disagreements.. but you make it look like he's some kind of troll that everybody "respectfully disagrees with".. Dont make your opinion, everyone's opinion. You're the troll in this case with all due respect.

ontopic: i am realistic though, hoping for some playing time so he can shine on the european cup.

Theconomist

Affelay will be an important player for us.
Just give the guy some time. He struggled the first 6 months to adapt. He went from playing in the center of midfield to the wings and just when he hit his stride he got injured.
Yes now we have more competition at the wings but remember that this is a guy that played everything from defensive midfielder to winger for PSV.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Dont talk about the guy as if he's an "einzelganger". Ive always followed barca but i only joined this forum because of Ibi to(been following this guys since his youth.. before PSV).. so much for your "..as he is only in the forum because of Afellay"

"but so far people have respectfully disagreed with him" What bullshit is this? he didnt have much disagreements.. but you make it look like he's some kind of troll that everybody "respectfully disagrees with".. Dont make your opinion, everyone's opinion. You're the troll in this case with all due respect.

ontopic: i am realistic though, hoping for some playing time so he can shine on the european cup.

As you said, you signed to the forum when Afellay came here, so that's a year and a half ago... You should have seen how people were treated when they came here to support Ibra, or just check Cesc thread... When someone openly puts emphasis on a single player, the forum isn't very friendly most of the time... Some people have been accused of being glory-hunters and some others don't like that someone supports a player over the club...

And he said Afellay is ahead of Pedro, Cuenca and Tello, to which many people replied in an opposing way, so my opinion has nothing to do with this, and I didn't even mention the word troll, so there you go...

B

barcelonista

In all fairness, Tello and Cuenca impressed me more in their first season than Afellay did (ok, no surprise, since they are Masia kids). Afellay looked insecure and shy until the very last game last season. Take the CL final for example. It's 3-1 and we're in extra time. He's in Manchester United's box, wants to shoot, hesitates, thinks if he should pass, reconsiders and takes a shot anyway. He comes across as a very shy person in interviews and it reflects on his game. Bar THAT pass, he never even looked close making it into the starting XI. And with Villa, Pedro, Sanchez, Cuenca, Tello and Cesc all available next season, it will be even harder for him.

Bu3aLi

After the league being practically lost, I think Ibi will have a chance to play and fight to stay at barca.

Marroquí20

17shds.jpg

That's right. He trains hard and fights for a place in the team.
He really wants to play again, he trains hard and sometimes additional training.. shoot on goal etc.
I have contact with his little brother, and says he is very hungry and tormented.
He wants to prove again what his qualities are.
And will be important at the European Championships.. and for Barca at the end of the season.
I hope he will get minutes against Chelsea instead of Tello or Cuenca. Tello played poorly yesterday really bad.

We will see what Guardiola is going to do. I see a good return of Afellay.. as Van Nistelrooy in times at Manchester.

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

let's hope so.

he has shown great resolve, patience and overall character.

being a fan of his for years, I would love nothing more than to see him become a regular.

:beer2:

paxtonpale

Pep says that Ibi needs to work hard to be in a spot in the squad. Well tbh, Fabregas hasn't worked hard for his spot in the side. If he has been working hard than he should be scorin gthose easy goals and passing accurately. He clearly is troubled in the game. Afellay always works hard and is always trying to prove himself which in my opinion, is what I like him the most about

B

beautifulgame

there is definitely some truth in that statement.

i mean in one sense there is a lot of stress on working for your accolades in this team however, when ibra walks into the team earning an astronomical rate and fabregas walks into the starting lineup it is hard to see that it is always true.

what is even more interesting is that both these players have under-performed for considerable periods of time with real problems featuring in the squad.

not necessarily having a go at anyone in particular but this should considered; we don't need to be completely dogmatic remain fans of the club.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I'm sorry, but Ibi >>>>>>>. Cuenca or Tello, it's not even close. People have to stop favouring La Masia products, it will not do us good in the long run.

El Guaje

I'm sorry, but Ibi >>>>>>>. Cuenca or Tello, it's not even close. People have to stop favouring La Masia products, it will not do us good in the long run.

Totally agree with this.

Cuenca and Tello are not better players than Afellay. Not yet atleast. But they CAN get better than Ibi in the future. Now they are nothing but youngsters with pretty much no experience. Cuenca is pretty good though. Tello on the other hand (I prefer him over Cuenca tbh) needs to add some variation to his game. The only thing he does is a step over and then run on the outside to make a cross. He needs to learn to cut inside too, which would make him more unpredictable too. Would be a muuuuch better player then. + that he is fast as hell.

Pep has loads of trust in Afellay too, considering he got to play against Madrid and got to play in the CL finals instead of Bojan for example.

Home of Barca Fans