Ibrahim Afellay

Galning

I really don't see him having an impact on our squad. He basically adds nothing that we don't have already, besides depth but come on.. :p

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Get rid of him. We'd probably make a profit on him as well, so a good investment for financial reasons besides the only notable thing I remember him doing, which was setting up Messi in the Champions League classico of 10/11.

Last edited:

Diogo28

I like Afellay.
He is fast and has good dribbling skills.
You cant forget that game against Real when he was subbed in and assisted for a goal.

He is such a classy player IMO

mixer

Aw-j2OBCQAAPc5h.jpg

Jadentheman

Is he half black. I think I see so black in him. They say he is Surinamese. I looked it up and it's a place in South America and it seems to have a lot of Black people. Note: ( I'm not implying anything. I'm Black myself)

G

Giannino

I'm afraid this young fella ain't gonna lots of playing time this season. It'd be good for his and our sake to sell him to an English Premier League side. Even though he hasn't proven anything until now, reports claim that some clubs are preparing a bid for him, around 8 million Euros. In my opinion, Barça should sell him and use the money to buy a decent centre-back.

Birdy

Sell him..
Good for him, Barca and Arsenal..
The best option for everyone..
we could get around 10 millions..

After the last season, he is after Cuenca and Tello in the pecking order..
With Villa back, pedro and alexis all first choices as wide forwards, and second choices cuenca and tello to widen the field on the flank, there is really no room for Affelay..
Not in the md also, with Thiago and Fabregas way ahead of him..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Despite Tito giving a politically correct response to questions about Afellay, MD reported that Tito allegedly informed the player that he isn't likely to see many minutes and is at the end of a long queue of midfielders even for those minutes...I'd conclude that means the player is definitely on the transfer block

Shame, it's been covered ad nauseum over the last season...Truth is, I thought his spell was over here once he got injured last September anyway...But I don't think it bodes well for the club, tbh, to drop a player effectively due to injury when he's clearly contributed in big matches when fit & integrated....Was a cheap signing as well, if he's moved I really would have to conclude it'll be a bad piece of business but it is what it is

P

PhilS

Despite Tito giving a politically correct response to questions about Afellay, MD reported that Tito allegedly informed the player that he isn't likely to see many minutes and is at the end of a long queue of midfielders even for those minutes...I'd conclude that means the player is definitely on the transfer block

Shame, it's been covered ad nauseum over the last season...Truth is, I thought his spell was over here once he got injured last September anyway...But I don't think it bodes well for the club, tbh, to drop a player effectively due to injury when he's clearly contributed in big matches when fit & integrated....Was a cheap signing as well, if he's moved I really would have to conclude it'll be a bad piece of business but it is what it is

It's just the business of being the top squad in the world, not bad business. Some very good players do not succeed in getting regular playing time with this club, I think the team is humane in letting them leave rather than rust on the Barca bench.

Jaguar

Flair Trait

It amazes me how MD know what goes on in private conversations that happen within the club and not in front of journalists, it's the same with every newspaper really, just a way to make more profit. Although if this did happen then Tito is just telling him the truth, no point in lying about him getting minutes and then him disappointed that he is sitting on the bench for most of the season, if anything he should thank him for the warning. Although I personally think he will be a valuable asset if he stays, I know a small squad is this clubs philosophy, but we still need a little depth in the squad...

Home of Barca Fans