Ibrahim Afellay

Richard.H

Like everyone else has said, he's too good to play every odd minute here and there. We definitely need to sell him. He really needs to get his career going before he's forever known as the Barca benchwarmer.

Barcilliant

This guy had the physical and technical tools to be a regular at Barca. However his confidence or lack of it has let him down. Whenever I've watched him he looks timid and chooses the safe option. No loan-only sell imo. I would prefer him as back up then him going on loan.

Gervinho

This guy had the physical and technical tools to be a regular at Barca. However his confidence or lack of it has let him down. Whenever I've watched him he looks timid and chooses the safe option. No loan-only sell imo. I would prefer him as back up then him going on loan.
he lacks the vision....he has good technique and alot of speed, but he's a player that plays with head down and he will never be close to be a starter for a club like barca

Marroquí20

I've talked his brother. He said he did not want to leave.. and he did well there.
That minutes he gets, he must show everything. I hope he will get more minutes.
What will happen.. players get injured so tired etc.
He is now also go for more goals and assists. He is not leaving Barca now. But maybe in January if he go.

Premier League is a great league Arsenal.. Tottenham .. etc.
Then he gets his minutes, goals, assists .. be Important.
Vilanova will regret. That he has let him go and.. Tello and / Cuenca has preserved lol!

Goodbye!

Gervinho

I've talked his brother. He said he did not want to leave.. and he did well there.
That minutes he gets, he must show everything. I hope he will get more minutes.
What will happen.. players get injured so tired etc.
He is now also go for more goals and assists. He is not leaving Barca now. But maybe in January if he go.

Premier League is a great league Arsenal.. Tottenham .. etc.
Then he gets his minutes, goals, assists .. be Important.
Vilanova will regret. That he has let him go and.. Tello and / Cuenca has preserved lol!

Goodbye!
the moment a manager says to you he dont mind if you leave, you should leave....simple as that. It means you are not important for him and he couldnt care less if you stay as he dont rate your talent. The sooner he moves, the better for his career

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm in a minority opinion here but I'm no less convinced of his value now than I was before he was signed or after his epic Clasico performance...Kid can play with this team and contribute...A freak injury cut that possibility down, just bad luck for him...I knew then and I'm sure that post is archived somewhere in the forum that his career at the club was likely over...That window to impress is short for players at a club like Barcelona, particularly for the foreign kids - fairly or not...He certainly gave us a taste but the injury cut that development down

So while he is deemed surplus and too similar to a few of the cantera kids, I contend he has other qualities that were unique to this club...Coupled with one of the club's most vital virtue of being incredibly versatile, I feel we'll never really know what could've been with him...He only regained 100% fitness at the Euros and not with the club...So based on a few preseason friendlies or, from the sound of it, long before then, Tito had already decided to pass on Ibi...I think only a few goals would've potentially changed that decision during those games...Unfortunately, he didn't do quite enough in what was still a very short audition...I feel for the player because it isn't really enough time to pass on him after rehabbing all season...Gotta say, from a footballing perspective and it casts the club in a somewhat negative light, IMHO (Axing a player coming off an injury, seems unscrupulous)

Because regardless of where he goes and how his career goes from here, this team is made up of the best players in history - he won't find better skilled teammates and having that to work with enables you to raise your game to that Clasico level we witnessed...He's not Hleb, he showed his quality in the biggest matches for this club in a Clasico - club legends are made in those encounters and pretenders are exposed

I'm sure it has to grate for a competitive athlete like Ibi who has not really failed in any aspect, knows he can play with this team and yet being effectively deemed surplus...I imagine the player has to feel pretty dejected...I hope wherever they loan him, it's a destination he prefers

It just occurred to me that he played DM a lot at PSV, was there a consideration to try playing him there I wonder?

Last edited:

Marroquí20

the moment a manager says to you he dont mind if you leave, you should leave....simple as that. It means you are not important for him and he couldnt care less if you stay as he dont rate your talent. The sooner he moves, the better for his career

Vilanova say that he want's to hold him.. but not for much game time.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
It just occurred to me that he played DM a lot at PSV, was there a consideration to try playing him there I wonder?

He didn't really. He was used in a double pivot, but he had a free role basically: he usually dribbled from deeper positions, and didn't do that much defending.

Also, he's too much of a dribbler instead of a passer, so he's the complete opposite of what you'd want a DM to do in our team.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
lets be real, the only reason we bought him is bc he was super cheap and we saw the possiblity to make money off of him.... sorry to his fanboys. He is a good player, but he just is not near Barça quality, not even as a super sub.. He has his one moment with that assist against Madrid, now it is time to move on to a club that needs him. If I was him I would look somewhere I could be a big fish, like Newcastle, or tottenham or something along those lines

Home of Barca Fans