Ibrahim Afellay

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
It'll be hard for him to get into the starting 11 again if Van Gaal insists on playing a 4-3-3 with 'ordinary wingers' (a right-footed winger on the right; a left-footed winger on the left). Van Gaal said that would be his formation of choice for the time being. Afellay is better on the left than on the right imo.

xboogiex

Dont forget that Afellay is actually a midfielder he could replace VDV after 45 min, Im not afraid that he gets dropped or no playing time

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Meh, Afellay is no CM. I know, he played there in his PSV days, but he's not good in that position. He's too much of a dribbler. We don't use a AM anymore, you know.

AFCA

^He won't be used as a midfielder. Van Gaal made a joke about reading a poem at his presentation. The formation was on the back of the paper he pulled out. It said the attacking midfielders were Van der Vaart/Maher and Sneijder/Emanuelson. Couldn't see the names of the wingers though so don't know if Afellay wil play on the left or right.

F

Flavia

Tello starting, and Afellay not even on the bench. I think he should go, for his sake.

desoe

I hope it's a direct sell, loaning players for Barca is like entering a never ending circle #Hleb

p.s. #20 will look good on Song's back. Much better than JDS's #12.

ShandyFFM

mhh yesterday he wasnt in the squad was he injured ???? or just not good engough to make it ??? because tello and roberto were included.. does someone know something ?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
On the dutch bench and not even on the Barca bench. :( he should've proven himself before the season started.

Didn't make enough of an impact in preseason but it was never going to be easy after a poor Euro for the Dutch and coming off the injury...I imagine he will get odd minutes here & there and again, he will have to capitalize in order to get a legitimate shot at cracking into the rotation

kaisers0ze

A tabloid from Holland called VI led by an old guy that despises Ibi says Villanova has sat down with Ibi telling him that Barca is ok with it if he wants to leave.
No source was mentioned.

Any paper in Spain that confirms this?

xboogiex

A tabloid from Holland called VI led by an old guy that despises Ibi says Villanova has sat down with Ibi telling him that Barca is ok with it if he wants to leave.
No source was mentioned.

Any paper in Spain that confirms this?

I dont believe what that old guy says like the story that ibi was annoying with the dutch team.

But im beginning to think that ibi should leave he isnt playing at the same levels as before his long term injury.
He needs more playing time and more guts

Home of Barca Fans