Ibrahim Afellay

kaisers0ze

@ Bilal

I don't understand.. i might be THE die hard Afellay follower on this forum. I've been following Ibi since he was in the youth academy.
But Alexis is much more of a Barca player then Afellay ever will be. I'm sure they have different qualities but when making up the balance.. Alexis is much better for the Barcelona style of play.

I'm not worrying about the Barca attack at all.. Defense though...

On Ibi.... At least he has got his speed back :D.. it becoming a joy to watch him again:

And the volley goal against Borrusia:

Last edited:
M

messi_xavi_iniesta

I hope that Schalke buys Afellay. 8-10 million would be very nice.

kaisers0ze

I hope that Schalke buys Afellay. 8-10 million would be very nice.

They say they dont have the money as they wanted to buy van der Vaart to keep Huntelaar... which they couldnt..
Huntelaar wants better players otherwise he'll leave and he suggested his Oranje teammate vd Vaart.

They hired Ibi Instead.

Schalke seems to be a rich club, but if they cannot buy vd. Vaart (around 14 million), I doubt they will buy Ibi.
And I doubt Barca will sell Ibi for 4/5 million if he keeps doing well in the Bundesliga.

By they way, Afellay's wish is to return to Barca. He made this statement a week ago.. which is good cause you'll be honest to the club and fans in an early stage.
Dont know if it is a wise wish.. but it is his.

Last edited:
M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Afellay has no choice. Sell him to schalke or other teams. He´s a Dutch national player, he has clubs to buy him. With tello, cuenca and deulofeu there´s no need of him.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
He's better then all the players you mentioned ^
But he knows F all about how to play in our system. It's second nature to Tello and his kin. He's a good player, but we would not miss him one bit.

I'd normally say the cliche term of "let's cut our loses", but there is no loss to be made, he was dirt cheap to begin with and he has made no impact on our team (barring his assist to Messi against Madrid in the CL Semi's). We gain by letting him go, letting him enjoy first team football and by freeing space for someone who can contribute towards our game.

xboogiex

Afellay has confirmed that Arsenal wanted him when he was playing at Psv and Barca but they didn't wanna pay the price. Hope he scores today against Arsenal :p

Home of Barca Fans