Ibrahim Afellay

Paganinisrvnge

If money is a concern then a CB is way more of a priority than Neymar. Tello, Cuenca, Alexis, and Afellay all still deserve a chance before the club decides to bring in Neymar and let them rot on the bench or sell them. Afellay looks great at Shalke but he may not return because there is already quite a rotation of attackers.

Barca8

He's a great player but I don't think he'll work at Barca. I don't think theres room for Ibi and Alexis so one would have to go. With Ibi doing so well at Schalke he might do his career a favor and stay

PearLBLacK

Banned
I dont think Schalke can pay his wages though, they are really short on money.

Does he take more than Huntelaar? Or Metzelder? Or Farfan? And didn't Raul's departure ease things at least a little? Or are they already in financial difficulties as it is?

Last edited:

Der Kaiser

Does he take more than Huntelaar? Or Metzelder? Or Farfan? And didn't Raul's departure ease things at least a little? Or are they already in financial difficulties as it is?

Schalke really had to fight to convince Farfan to extend his contract and Huntelaar is also considering other options, so I think they are really tight on the budget. I mean they hardly spend anything on the transfer market these days. I think Ibi gets like 60k a week and Barca, maybe if Barca pays some of that they can make the deal happen.

Gennaro

<a href="http://www.football-espana.net/25673/schalke-could-keep-afellay">Schalke could keep Afellay</a>

Schalke are impressed with Ibrahim Afellay’s start to his loan spell in Germany and admitted that they could take up their option on the Barcelona man.

The Dutchman interrupted an injury-hit start to his career in Catalonia this summer to join the Bundesliga outfit on an initial one-year loan deal.

The Germans have an option to make his switch permanent next summer for a reported fee of around €2.2m and, after the 26-year-old opening 13 appearances, which have yielded four goals, have admitted that it is a serious option.

“Will we keep him after this season? If his performances remain as positive then there is a good chance,” commented the club’s sporting director Horst Heldt to Bild this weekend.

Intresting. I really hope the buyout fee isn't that low.

Home of Barca Fans