Ibrahim Afellay

ivan22

Schalke is a good place for him. Bundesliga suits his style of football very well. Barca just wasn't meant to be I guess. He's a great player!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Looks like he got a contusion to his right quadriceps in the 2nd half against Germany tonight, courtesy of Götze

F

Flavia

@barcastuff
Afellay (Schalke): "Messi is the best in the world. He's a very nice guy, friendly, down-to-earth. I have the greatest respect for him" [sb]

Afellay (on loan at Schalke): "I have contract for two more years at Barça. But I feel great at Schalke. We'll talk at end of the season."

Afellay (Schalke): "We'll see what happens in the summer. I live by the motto: I live today, you can not predict tomorrow." [sportbild]

I guess he realized the front is packed and he probably won't have a spot...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As I said earlier, his position is not safe in Schalke now. He just got into the groove before he got injured and now this youngster Draxler practically owns the left side and Farfan I just don't see substituted in the near future.
Furthermore, in Schalke's last match, Huub Stevens tried Pukki on the flank and the young Finn provided an assist with little time he had on the pitch. So there's even more competition for the flanks.

Latest reports say that Ibi won't be fit for this weekend so let's wait and see that happens in the future but I wouldn't bet on him playing regularly.

xboogiex

As I said earlier, his position is not safe in Schalke now. He just got into the groove before he got injured and now this youngster Draxler practically owns the left side and Farfan I just don't see substituted in the near future.
Furthermore, in Schalke's last match, Huub Stevens tried Pukki on the flank and the young Finn provided an assist with little time he had on the pitch. So there's even more competition for the flanks.

Latest reports say that Ibi won't be fit for this weekend so let's wait and see that happens in the future but I wouldn't bet on him playing regularly.

Well Schalke haven't won since Afellay been out injured.
IMO Afellay, Draxler and Holtby are the best in Schalke

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I guess he realized the front is packed and he probably won't have a spot...

Absolutely which is a shame, tbh...But it is what it is...I'm sure he sees what's happening to players like Alexis & Villa and must be thinking it won't be easy to get into that rotation - especially with Deulofeu on the cusp and Neymar constantly mentioned

Tough when you like certain players and they lose their place in the squad, particularly due to an injury and are shipped off...I never believed he'd return once he got his knee injury and that still looks like it's holding true

Still believe he's a fine player with a big upside to his game

Edman

Seems to be injured again during training today. After Metzelder stood on his foot he limped off the field and the foot was wrapped. Not yet sure if it's serious or not.

BarcaGirl

Official: Ibrahim Afellay, on loan at Schalke, has a thigh muscle tear and will be out for at least two months

poor guy :(

Home of Barca Fans