Ibrahim Afellay

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If there's one consistent point of criticism for Pep it's the rotation of his players and subbing them out...I just don't think there's much chance of Afellay really getting too many starts the rest of the season - barring any injuries

Late subs in particular is what bugs me at times. Still, it's hard to hold it against him with all the records he's broken.
Hopefully we'll build on our 7 point gap and thus enable Thiago, Ibi and co. more playing time.

Mocro

Afellay is with the Dutch squad atm and he told the reporter that Barca is fantastic. His objective is to improve his game every day and feels that he is succeeding, because he gets to train with fantastic players. He was asked about the amount of playtime he gets. Afellay replied by saying he doesnt mind, because he is just getting started. He also said he would rather play less at the best club in the world, than play a lot for any other club. Barca plays fantastic football and its great to be part of this squad.

Ocurrente

Afellay is with the Dutch squad atm and he told the reporter that Barca is fantastic. His objective is to improve his game every day and feels that he is succeeding, because he gets to train with fantastic players. He was asked about the amount of playtime he gets. Afellay replied by saying he doesnt mind, because he is just getting started. He also said he would rather play less at the best club in the world, than play a lot for any other club. Barca plays fantastic football and its great to be part of this squad.

:yes:

N

namae

Afellay : When Lionel Messi stands up and applauds for you...you won't get more appreciation than that as a footballer. That for me was better than my own goal.

Mocro

Found another part of an interview...

Every 10 minutes I play in this Barcateam is great. I signed for 4,5 years, so ill be around for a while. I knew the first half year would be tricky, but its encouraging to see what Iv played so far. The first months are a nice bonus for me. I found a house, Im busy learning Spanish and starting to feel more at home. Like I said, ill be around for a while...and so far every day has been a pleasure.

BarcaHolic

I've translated from Dutch into English, please not mind the mistakes. Thank you !

"Ten minutes Barcelona is worth more to me than anything else '

Afellay is no basis player under Josep Guardiola. He has to do with it yet raid bats, but he will not mind that. "There are people who say I'm playing just a little since i arrived. But ten minutes Barcelona is worth more to me than anything. It's really a joy to play football there, " said Afellay in the press.

The Orange-international was four times as a substitute in the field during league games. He can live with him often until late in the game is introduced. "No, I'm not annoying. I have four and a half year contract, so I have plenty of time. The first half year, I mainly adjust. That half years I see as a bonus. If you do it that way look, then I have played more than I expected. "

The Cup was won Afellay his first goal in the service of Barcelona. The reaction of his teammates thought he was better than the goal itself. "The whole bench got up to congratulate me. If you get the appreciation of those people, what more do you want as a footballer?"

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I cant believe I managed to read a players interview because I normally get bored, but since its Ibi, i wead it and I like it.

BarcaHolic

Another interview with Ibi Afellay, do not pay attention of the mistakes please

Ibrahim Afellay came Monday again back on Dutch bottom. In December the midfielder completed his transfer from PSV Eindhoven to Barcelona, and since then many eyes curiously followed the international operations of the Orange in Spain. Wednesday, the match against Austria on the program and need therefore Afellay arrived Monday in Noordwijk. "It's really amazing in Barcelona every day, " said the Blaugrana to the press present.

"How it goes in Barcelona? every day, " repeated the 24-year-old from Utrecht a reporter's question. "Barcelona is amazing, absolutely top. I've planned to become better every day, "he told the ANP. "And it works nice. I practice daily with fantastic players. That helps me. I was in the cup twice to participate every day, "said Afellay, who also featured in four league matches. Saturday, he still came four minutes before time against Atletico Madrid.
"Or I do not think much? No, I'm just starting every day, "said Afellay self-conscious. "I'd rather play less in the best club in the world than i play a lot of football for another team. Barcelona is sometimes beautiful football. It's amazing being part of that selection. Everyone is well taken care of me. Yes, it's really amazing in Barcelona. "

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans