Ibrahim Afellay

Juan03

decent game although i wished he was more direct, he runs stops then passes back not just once but almost all the time I'm sure with his pace he could try to be more direct, maybe with time he will get more confidence to make more runs.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
decent game although i wished he was more direct, he runs stops then passes back not just once but almost all the time I'm sure with his pace he could try to be more direct, maybe with time he will get more confidence to make more runs.

Yes! While the first half was decent, I wanted to kill him in the second half... Once he took Xavi's position he just made one pass forward, and by one I really mean one or probably two... I know the game was decided and we were trying to control the ball but it was so annoying to watch him run, stop and then pass back to our defenders every single time...

gingerless

Yes! While the first half was decent, I wanted to kill him in the second half... Once he took Xavi's position he just made one pass forward, and by one I really mean one or probably two... I know the game was decided and we were trying to control the ball but it was so annoying to watch him run, stop and then pass back to our defenders every single time...

yeah and if he lost the ball passing it forwards everyone here would be bitching too.

him, messi and valdes were crazy tonight, should have had a goal if it weren't for that keeper an he made some ridic good runs and passes

his burst of pace is excellent

MAUWNIER

the match was done he outplayed it no risks why bother he played well

kaisers0ze

First off all, I know Barca always want to make multiple goals to feel safe troughout the match, while Ibi is used to the PSV mentality.. playing keepball and play it save at a score of 1-0. He CAN play forward... and if Pep would want to see that different he probably would tell him. Second, Afellay is no Iniesta.

Galning

yeah and if he lost the ball passing it forwards everyone here would be bitching too.

him, messi and valdes were crazy tonight, should have had a goal if it weren't for that keeper an he made some ridic good runs and passes

his burst of pace is excellent

Afellay was alright, not on the same level as Messi & Valdés though. He did some stupid things as well.

Mocro

the match was done he outplayed it no risks why bother he played well

Exactly. If someone makes a bad pass a defender or Valdes could get a yellow/red card or even an injury during the attempt to repair the mistake. It would give Pep a headache for the next matches. This was smart play. Take your chances when you can and for the rest just keep possession of the ball.

e28makaveli

Ibi needs 3 things:
1. Focus
2. Self believe
3 Mental toughness (needs this to stop complaining when he loses possession. Just go get it back.)

Home of Barca Fans