Iker Casillas

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
It is the two year rule for Barcelona, Cesc was your product and it took him two years to break in. Same for Alexis. He didn't suck, he worked hard, he was just nervous and the mounting pressure never helps. Alves is probably the only one who came in and conquered along with Pique and Ronaldinho. Abidal, same story. The rest find it very difficult to integrate because most of your players have to change positions.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
It is the two year rule for Barcelona, Cesc was your product and it took him two years to break in. Same for Alexis. He didn't suck, he worked hard, he was just nervous and the mounting pressure never helps. Alves is probably the only one who came in and conquered along with Pique and Ronaldinho. Abidal, same story. The rest find it very difficult to integrate because most of your players have to change positions.

Hopefully he is past that.... We will see

Ghost

I love Iker, but I don't want us to sign him.

It just wouldn't feel right.

He should stay there and retire as a Real legend.

barcanuck

I'd take Iker in a heartbeat as replacement for Victor, but it can't happen can it. He would be viewed as the biggest traitor in Madrid history.

hardyboy

Barcelona fan at Camp Nou supporting Casillas

1376604_728148290547189_226617600_n.jpg

Stric

I'd take Iker in a heartbeat as replacement for Victor, but it can't happen can it. He would be viewed as the biggest traitor in Madrid history.

He's being pushed out by the club and the fans, though... If anyone's the traitor here, it's them. Iker is a legend. The guy spent his entire life between RM's posts. To think that a part of RM supporters actually sided with Mourinho, a football mercenary, is unthinkable.

Richard.H

Iker would be praised by Barca fans like the second coming of Christ if he ever decided to wear the Blaugrana.

Lionheart

It´s a shame he didn´t play tonight, I really like Iker and have great respect for him. I always like to have great players on the field no matter what match or who we play. Why RM isn´t using him now is a disgrace! He deserves to be a starter, especially for RM, he´s a living legend over there for crying out loud! Would be weird if we signed him, RM is his club, and I highly doubt he would ever want to play for us. Knowing RM and how they treat long serving legendary players (Raúl comes to mind), they´ll continue to use Diego Lopez till he gets injured, dips in form etc.

barcanuck

He's being pushed out by the club and the fans, though... If anyone's the traitor here, it's them. Iker is a legend. The guy spent his entire life between RM's posts. To think that a part of RM supporters actually sided with Mourinho, a football mercenary, is unthinkable.

Of for sure Iker is in a tight spot and he is not to blame, he just got injured and was never allowed to get his spot back. Anyway, hope he leaves like Raul did. Real is no place for one man club these days.

El Gato

Villarato!
No, but it is hilarious that Mourinhistas would have killed Iker for that. They didn't say a word about Diego. But Alexis was absolutely clutch in that situation. The hustle, the hold back, the cold blood and the technique. All beautiful.

I have not yet seen a site, even a Mourinhista infested one, that didn't yet acknowledge the mistake, but regardless, Diego still had a good performance aside that goal. Can't be said about Iker in big games in past two years.

That said, I do think this whole farce is affecting us more than it should and it's both on the player and the club. We are captain-less and it's bad. No one takes the lead on a constant basis. Ronaldo is trying to take the team on his back offensively, but it's not working and he too is affected by the lack of consistent support from the players and the formation. Marcelo as captain in the second half? Fffs... Come on Iker. Even from the bench you can help the team. Get over yourself...

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I have not yet seen a site, even a Mourinhista infested one, that didn't yet acknowledge the mistake, but regardless, Diego still had a good performance aside that goal. Can't be said about Iker in big games in past two years.

That said, I do think this whole farce is affecting us more than it should and it's both on the player and the club. We are captain-less and it's bad. No one takes the lead on a constant basis. Ronaldo is trying to take the team on his back offensively, but it's not working and he too is affected by the lack of consistent support from the players and the formation. Marcelo as captain in the second half? Fffs... Come on Iker. Even from the bench you can help the team. Get over yourself...

Wait, what? It goes by seniority at Real Madrid and it always has been. Casillas, Ramos and Marcelo. That is the order of the captaincy. Sometimes Xabi wears it, and under Mou Ronaldo did as well. Diego Lopez is having a great season no doubt and no one has discredited his work. I don't want Casillas back because he is Casillas but I want Casillas back because he is our captain and we need him a lot.

The moment Puyol left the club due to injuries and shit form, everyone was calling for his return, for his captaincy and it made a huge difference for them, and we are suffering the same. It is not the only problem, it is not the main problem, it is a thorn though. I am all for Diego keeping his position because he's earned his right to play for Real Madrid and I always liked him but this whole thing is a farce. That is two big games now without our captain which we fucked up, Ateltico and Barcelona.

Having said all that, Ancelotti takes home the blame 100%. Diego or not he is full of blame for his starting line up, for his selection. Diego made a mistake because he is human, but that first half was utterly uninspiring, very leaderless. Which is also partially Ramos' fault.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans