Iker Casillas

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Anyone seen his gym comments recently? :lol:

MMD_290785_diferencia_entre_banquillo_y_jugador_titular.jpg

He apparently doesn't go to the beach either

khorne

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain - Iker Casillas

yup, pretty much. but in all fairness, i can completely understand that for him it was much harder to quit the national team after the world cup since he's synonymous with spain's debacle, much more than xavi, alonso or villa. He obviously wanted to retire on a more positive note, and i respect that fighting spirit, but i'm afraid he just can't deliver the quality anymore to justify benching de gea (or navas for that matter)

The old guard of spain really should have stepped down after euro 2012, would have prevented a lot of suffering both for spain but more so for them.

i'm really grateful that puyol has avoided this fate, even though i miss him still on the pitch.

CuleLife4Life

yup, pretty much. but in all fairness, i can completely understand that for him it was much harder to quit the national team after the world cup since he's synonymous with spain's debacle, much more than xavi, alonso or villa. He obviously wanted to retire on a more positive note, and i respect that fighting spirit, but i'm afraid he just can't deliver the quality anymore to justify benching de gea (or navas for that matter)

The old guard of spain really should have stepped down after euro 2012, would have prevented a lot of suffering both for spain but more so for them.

i'm really grateful that puyol has avoided this fate, even though i miss him still on the pitch.

I saw Xavi kind of heading down this path last season but thankfully we have Lucho who made sure to let him know he won't be a starter all season long like before. And now Xavi has a dignifies role on the team. Madrid politics must be that messed up that Carlo isn't giving Iker the same situation as last year when he only played cup games. The more he plays and makes mistakes, the more he loses the few who were rooting for him.

Martindn

"I don't think Casillas has lost his magic. He's a fantastic player that all Spaniards should boast about." Del Bosque told Radio Marca.

I would find it freaking hilarious if he wasn't holding De Gea back. This guy is making more errors than actual saves.

NotInHere

Ikers is still young for a gk, but people are not calling his head because they dislike him, people just see that his not good as before

Mou probably saw that before anybody else did and that's why he benched him

raskolnikov

Ikers is still young for a gk, but people are not calling his head because they dislike him, people just see that his not good as before

Mou probably saw that before anybody else did and that's why he benched him

I think he actually caused Iker's decline

B

beautifulgame

No he didn't. if u weren't revisionists u'd know Iker was fucking up before that, part of it was sporting decline then rest was his exercising influence over team

CuleLife4Life

People blaming Mou for Iker declining are ridiculous and there are some diehard Madridistas who believe it.

Mou saw some weaknesses in Iker's game and if you remember that season when they were down almost 15 points by the break, Iker was definitely not at his best. And even if Iker was unfairly benched, he still goes to training and would have kept up whatever "talent" he still had.

Him making comments about not going to the gym actually look really bad now because if you're an aging athlete, going to the gym to work on things like agility are vital since you're losing it the older you get.

raskolnikov

Real fans are spoiled and ungrateful though, they Always whistle their players. I hate when teams do that.

Casillas belongs at Madrid like Xavi does with us, I dont like seeing him play for another club. They should give Navas some chances though.

CuleLife4Life

He actually had a pretty good game with a couple of saves today. Overall he has had a solid season with the odd mistake here and there. The problem is that Navas is better. He hasn't done anything to warrant being benched but at the same time if a top team has a better player on the bench then he should start. Navas is clearly superior than Iker plus 7 years younger.

Florentino tried to get rid of him this summer but Iker's camp wanted a huge severance package. It was in the Madrid news right after the market closed in September. This could very well be his last season at Madrid. It just doesn't make sense for him to be a starter over Navas the year after Lopez was the starter.

Home of Barca Fans