İlkay Gündoğan

Darko

haha, the outpouring is quite funny. Gündoğan was just being himself today. He has always been like that. Did you guys discover his quality just today? Did you not watch BVB and him playing before?

well you can see on the first page of this thread that people were praising him and calling him the closest thing to Xavi we could get but that we already have Thiago on the bench so no,a lot of us didnt "discover his quality just today",its always like this after a good performance in a big game

ab739

I only have his phone number, the dude never picks up...

4EBEC29D-B5BC-442F-B0D5-23470CB3BEC4-13365-000005DEEFD72973_zps74468fd0.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
well you can see on the first page of this thread that people were praising him and calling him the closest thing to Xavi we could get but that we already have Thiago on the bench so no,a lot of us didnt "discover his quality just today",its always like this after a good performance in a big game

Understood, just felt odd that such a wonderful player, prospect has managed to generate only 10 pages so far of discussion. And folks didn't comment on his stellar performance after regular Buli, DFB Pokal or other BVB games he played.

Darko

Understood, just felt odd that such a wonderful player, prospect has managed to generate only 10 pages so far of discussion. And folks didn't comment on his stellar performance after regular Buli, DFB Pokal or other BVB games he played.

Well I kinda have the feeling not a lot of people watch BVB,shame since they are an amazing team,my favourite after Barca :)

SeloBarca

I doubt our "scouting team" even know who he is since we only seem to sign Spanish speaking players nowadays.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Thiago is only 7 months younger than Gundoga, yet the former is rated higher and has more hype, while the latter is clearly better.

F

Flavia

Gundogan is not a realistic target. And I doubt he'd like to come to Barça to sit on the bench.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I'd agree he would not be realistic if Tito was still the Barca manager. However with a new manager I'm not so sure. He is the perfect compromise of defense and offense for that deep lying midfielder next to Busi.

Gundogan is also 22 bleeping years old. He has hardly stopped improving.

F

Flavia

Why unrealistic, Flavia?

He is Xavi's perfect replacement. Plus, Cesc might be gone next summer if not this summer.

Because he is a starter for dortmund. And they reached cl finals this year, they're a great team. Why would he come to Barça, to be Xavi's benchman? He is great, and you can bet a lot of teams will be making crazy bids for him soon enough.
Even if Cesc is sold, I can't see him here. Xavi won't be retiring any time soon, still has at least 2 years on him. So unless he has some secret desire to play for Barça, I can't see it.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Because he is a starter for dortmund. And they reached cl finals this year, they're a great team. Why would he come to Barça, to be Xavi's benchman? He is great, and you can bet a lot of teams will be making crazy bids for him soon enough.
Even if Cesc is sold, I can't see him here. Xavi won't be retiring any time soon, still has at least 2 years on him. So unless he has some secret desire to play for Barça, I can't see it.

He can play multiple positions on the midfield. Today he played the Gotze role. Not so sure letting Xavi be the undisputed starter for 2 more years is such a smart idea. Specially at the expense of younger players.

Sometimes you have to make tough decisions. Xavi needs to transition to a more supporting role for the good of the team, and why not, for the good and longevity of his own career. Gundogan is the perfect player to allow for that transition.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Well, according to media reports he (or his father) expressed his desire to move to Spain next summer. They might very well be referring to Real Madrid since they have already approached him.

Not sure how RM can accommodate him either, with their much more stacked midfield.

Home of Barca Fans