İlkay Gündoğan

L

Learo

I'm pretty sure that Mario Gotze's father was saying the same things in 2012. I won't be surprised if Gundogan leaves in 2014, especially if BVB got dominated by Bayern. Dortmund is a really fine club, but soon or later everyone wants to get on a bigger ship.

I think it has far more to do with money than anything else. Dortmund can go on and win everything, and players will still leave for clubs like City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Monaco etc.

Meitux

I hope you're joking..He had an exceptional performance and he played as attacking midfielder but other than that.How can you judge a player from one game and even worse from a video?

Last edited:
L

Learo

I hope you're joking..He had an exceptional performance and he played as attacking midfielder but other than that.How can you judge a player from one game and even worse from a video?

I am not, I specifically said that I am judging the video and the number of times he loses posession. He can not lose posession like that at Barca or we would be countered to death.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Judging from that video, he lost the ball more times than Iniesta and Xavi have done in their entire career! Absoutely disastrous if he plays like that for us.

Dude, what on earth are on about??? I just had to watch the video 3 times more because of your false statement. OK, one of the first matches this season against THE strongest opposition and he displaced 2 or 3 passes - "he lost the ball more times than Iniesta and Xavi have done in their entire career!" - wtf? He also got fouled 3 or 4 times just before he made his pass (Bayern probably instructed to give him a small knock in the passing moment) and got the free-kick. Other than that he assisted 2 times and scored an absolutely beautiful goal. The only thing I agree with you is that Iniesta is of course better, but hey, Iniesta is probably the best CM/AM to ever play the game together with players like Zidane and Laudrup.

misterplatin

This dude is the player we need to replace Xavi in the best possible way . His best attribute is his low centre of gravity and balance which helps him to hold on the ball in tight areas and under pressure . Also receives the ball well on halfturn from CBs and makes incisive passes from deep .
Playing him along with Busquets and Iniesta/Cesc is all we have to do to strike a balance between attack and defense. Song and Roberto will be the other options for the midfield .

ShandyFFM

Judging from that video, he lost the ball more times than Iniesta and Xavi have done in their entire career! Absoutely disastrous if he plays like that for us.

He played as an attacking midfielder no.10 so he had more risk in his game. Although i think Xavi and Iniesta did lose as many balls when playing against Bayern who really know how to press. Then again he can fit in the Xavi role as he plays it normally. So no need to worry this lad is just taylor-made for us.

mittchan82

He's a pretty young player. If he does come here he can learn our style and who else would be the ideal mentor to show him the ropes than Xavi or Iniesta? I would love to see him don the Blaugrana and assist Neymessi.

L

Learo

He's a pretty young player. If he does come here he can learn our style and who else would be the ideal mentor to show him the ropes than Xavi or Iniesta? I would love to see him don the Blaugrana and assist Neymessi.

I think it is more likely that the player to succeed Xavi will be from "in-house". Probably Busquets, with Song playing DM, or Samper in a few years.

Meitux

I think it is more likely that the player to succeed Xavi will be from "in-house". Probably Busquets, with Song playing DM, or Samper in a few years.
Why would you move Busquets from his main position that puts out exceptional performances there?Besides everything i don't think he has attacking abilities.What would he do everytime he got forward,he can't stay deep always if hes used as central midfielder.

Gundogan is about the ideal of working as box to box so he brings some defensive abilities in ths midifeld that lacks from Xavi or Iniesta.Not to mention that is very good and fast dribbler to sneak out of closed areas and very good of making fast decisions.Got some wonderfull vision too,i seen him pulling some beautiful through balls.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Why would you move Busquets from his main position that puts out exceptional performances there?Besides everything i don't think he has attacking abilities.What would he do everytime he got forward,he can't stay deep always if hes used as central midfielder.

Gundogan is about the ideal of working as box to box so he brings some defensive abilities in ths midifeld that lacks from Xavi or Iniesta.Not to mention that is very good and fast dribbler to sneak out of closed areas and very good of making fast decisions.Got some wonderfull vision too,i seen him pulling some beautiful through balls.
Busi has got all the factors that you mentioned in Gundogan and he is already a pro in his defensive abilities...

Meitux

Busi has got all the factors that you mentioned in Gundogan and he is already a pro in his defensive abilities...
I just don't want to have the risk of changing him position when he performs his best at his main already.We don't know if Song gets close of being close to level those performances.And as i said i have the feel that he is not usefull of getting forward and having attacking abilities,how many times we saw him in the edge of area in a good position to strike the ball and he didn't..

emkej

Busi is not suitable to play as attacking midfielder in opposition Ilkay. Busi has talent to playmaking, but his best position, where he can show more skills is DM.

L

Learo

We have a long tradition of moving players around as they progress and develop. Xavi used to be DM before he was moved to his current position. It will always be painful to see Xavi's playing time being reduced, but as he is the key in the cog for us, I am quite certain that our coaches sees an "in-house" option as the only option for his successor. An added benefit of moving Busi up and playing Song is that we get needed added height in our team too.

L

Learo

Busi is not suitable to play as attacking midfielder in opposition Ilkay. Busi has talent to playmaking, but his best position, where he can show more skills is DM.

Busquets used to be an attacking midfielder for Barca B and in la masia. It is quite obvious the way he plays. Anyway, we dont really play attacking midfielders like Dortmund do. We play posession based CMs.

Home of Barca Fans