İlkay Gündoğan

Andrew M

I have dislocated my knee cap multiple times. Horrible feeling.

Scottish intl did the same last year and and missed almost a year and a half out.

Jesus, twice. The pain and shock is terrible, yeah. I could not walk on it for so long that my thigh muscle had receded badly and took work to get it back.

JamDav1982

I have dislocated my knee several times too.
Recovered the same day

What do you mean by recovered?

The doctors pretty much said would keep happening once happens and to play football again without problems would mean an operation and lengthy time out.

JamDav1982

Was able to carry out my regular activities[/QUOTE

I was able to carry on the same day as well with a stiff knee which was weaker in following weeks.

Probably why the likes of you and I kept doing it as actually never did much about it but for a footballer to prevent it happening again they will be out for months minimum and potentially a lot longer.

J

Jamie Cal

Friend of mine had similar. I remember him saying something like if there's no for an operation, it can be 6-8 weeks. With an operation you're looking at 6 months+. Wonder if City will look elsewhere now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He also had plenty of issues this season before this more severe injury, so its a good thing we never moved for him. He is severely injury prone.

Jeez....

Do you even know what injury proneness is? First of all it means someone often sustaining injuries and as far as I know, Gundogan has had two major injuries in his career. A back problem which kept him out for some time and now this.

How is this a case of injury proneness? Had it been a recurrent hamstring injury or something like that then you would have had a case, but this is just bad luck, just like his back injury.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
One of the most talented and most-unclucky-with-injuries footbller.... From the looks of it, Germany gonna win the Euro too!

Jombi

Jeez....

Do you even know what injury proneness is? First of all it means someone often sustaining injuries and as far as I know, Gundogan has had two major injuries in his career. A back problem which kept him out for some time and now this.

How is this a case of injury proneness? Had it been a recurrent hamstring injury or something like that then you would have had a case, but this is just bad luck, just like his back injury.

He's had plenty of niggling injuries this season though, in his first full season for a couple of years.

J

Jamie Cal

One of the most talented and most-unclucky-with-injuries footbller.... From the looks of it, Germany gonna win the Euro too!

How do the Germans look likely? I mean, they're one of the best teams undoubtedly, but their qualifying campaign was pretty awful.

International football on the whole is pretty shit right now.

Yannik

How do the Germans look likely? I mean, they're one of the best teams undoubtedly, but their qualifying campaign was pretty awful.

International football on the whole is pretty shit right now.

we're always quite meh outside tournaments, it's not something new now. However we're looking shit on the fullback and striker positions, might get the job done without the strikers, but the fullback situation is incredibly annoying, can't tell how much this will affect our tournament but it's a huge blow. Gündogan and Schweinsteiger missing also weighs quite heavy on the midfield, but it's still not our problematic position there, Khedira, Kroos and Ozil is still probably one of the best midfields in national football. CBs and wingers are solid aswell, backups are alright on paper but still quite unproven on the pitch.
I'd say everything starting from semifinals would be considered a good tournament.

El Flaco

Shame to hear about his injury.

First missing World Cup two years ago and watch when his fellow countrymen win the tournament and now this.

J

Jamie Cal

we're always quite meh outside tournaments, it's not something new now. However we're looking shit on the fullback and striker positions, might get the job done without the strikers, but the fullback situation is incredibly annoying, can't tell how much this will affect our tournament but it's a huge blow. Gündogan and Schweinsteiger missing also weighs quite heavy on the midfield, but it's still not our problematic position there, Khedira, Kroos and Ozil is still probably one of the best midfields in national football. CBs and wingers are solid aswell, backups are alright on paper but still quite unproven on the pitch.
I'd say everything starting from semifinals would be considered a good tournament.

Indeed, but there's gonna be so many games to even get to the semis, and I really don't think the big teams are that good. You're probably right not to get too bogged down by qualifying results, but still, the signs lead me to believe it's gonna be pretty meh. Think any/all 3 of Spain, Germany and France are liable to have an awful tournament. Who will be your full backs? Hector and Ginter/Howedes?

Yannik

Indeed, but there's gonna be so many games to even get to the semis, and I really don't think the big teams are that good. You're probably right not to get too bogged down by qualifying results, but still, the signs lead me to believe it's gonna be pretty meh. Think any/all 3 of Spain, Germany and France are liable to have an awful tournament. Who will be your full backs? Hector and Ginter/Howedes?

Hector and Ginter maybe? Schmelzer back in? Not sure on that, judging on form England looks almost to be the strongest, but I don't see them experienced enough to really make it. Maybe a darkhorse might win it again, like Switzerland or so. Most teams look pretty underwhelming, not the most exciting fundament for an EC.

J

Jamie Cal

Hector and Ginter maybe? Schmelzer back in? Not sure on that, judging on form England looks almost to be the strongest, but I don't see them experienced enough to really make it. Maybe a darkhorse might win it again, like Switzerland or so. Most teams look pretty underwhelming, not the most exciting fundament for an EC.

The English get the easiest groups in the qualifiers every time. Your group was very competitive so at least there's some accounting for the results not being great. Looks like Hector will go to Liverpool so I'd imagine he'd be in pole position, Schemelly has missed quite a bit this season.

I think there's definitely a chance for a 'lesser' team to come through if the draw is good. Said in another thread recently I think Portugal could do it. They have a real easy group and it might only take a couple of good draws and 1 or 2 good Ronaldo performances to do it.

Home of Barca Fans