İlkay Gündoğan

Nucky

Steal of the transfer window. 25 M € for Bundesliga's best midfielder. :facepalm:

He only had one year left on his contract.. When he plays he is top class CM but injuries are the problem.. I wouldn't be suprised if he has even more injuries in EPL..

MaxY

Devil May Cry
And to think that Dortmund was my 2nd favorite club a few years ago. What a freaking joke they have become. Selling to their biggest rivals and always letting players go in their final year of contract then letting them walk for pennies. At least sell them for full price when they have 2 or just try to renew them.
Mats Hummels Bayern Munich 38,00 Mill. €
Ikkay Gundogan Man City 25 Mill. €
Robert Lewandowski Bayern Munich Free transfer
Mario Götze Bayern Munich 37,00 Mill. €
This quarter of players sold for 100 M,what a joke. A quarter of 4 world-class players who could walk into any team in the world without making it weaker for the price of 1 Bale/Pogba/Neymar.

Total-Football

i wouldn't want him anywhere near us .. the depressive case of Vermaleen has taught me to never put my money on players like that.. don't care if he's cruyf re incarnated

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And to think that Dortmund was my 2nd favorite club a few years ago. What a freaking joke they have become. Selling to their biggest rivals and always letting players go in their final year of contract then letting them walk for pennies. At least sell them for full price when they have 2 or just try to renew them.
This quarter of players sold for 100 M,what a joke. A quarter of 4 world-class players who could walk into any team in the world without making it weaker for the price of 1 Bale/Pogba/Neymar.

With Gundogan, as it is with Hummels, the low price is because he only has one year left in his contract. Yes BVB should have been a lot tougher and firmer last year when Gundogan wanted to leave but ended up staying.

I was defending them but after reading the joint interview between Watzke and Rummenigge hosted by Bild I think at least part of the problems lies with Watzke and BVB management. Basically Watzke capitulated, saying "Bayern is in its own league, of course they wanted Hummels because he is one of the best CBs and there is very little we can do about it", something to that effect. I was shaking my head when I was reading the interview as I thought Watzke lacked aspirations and courage to compete with Bayern head on.

But that said, the underlying issue is that BVB can't compete with Bayern financially. They can't offer the kind of wages that Bayern offers and they don't have the same level of appeals within Germany that Bayern has. Yes you can be a tough guy if you manage BVB but you really have to come to terms with the reality.

Like Atletico Madrid (to a lesser extent nowadays), like Sevilla and many others, they will remain a feeder club to Bayern and other top clubs (including us) for many years to come.

Last edited:

navidjaan

You sound like a genuine plastic fan, sorry.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
You sound like a genuine plastic fan, sorry.

A plastic fan? The only team that I'm a fan of is Real Madrid. Being my 2nd favorite team only means that I like them the most out of the clubs that I'M NOT a fan off. Just like Juventus is my 2nd favorite club atm. If they sell Pogba and Dybala then they won't be.

Home of Barca Fans