İlkay Gündoğan

MVBarcaFan

Bild is reporting that he will be out until April. Here's the article, translated using Google:

New setback for Dortmund star Ikay Gundogan (23). Because of a nerve root inflammation in the back of the National player must move his comeback again !
At the earliest in April is expected his return . Missed Gundogan even the World Cup in Brazil? The exclusive interview PICTURE ...
BILD : Is the season already over for you?
Gundogan : "No . I work hard and intense for my comeback , but people do not see it because I abspule usually my program in our gym. I want the guys to help - yet this season! Clearly . "
BILD : Are you afraid to miss the World Cup?
Gundogan : " Currently I think only of my return to the BVB team. The heavy infection in January of course set me back , I was previously already back in training . But I am sure that I will soon play at top level football when I'm back on the court . And then come the World Cup. "
BILD: From the acclaimed national team for long-term patients - how much you charged the situation?
Gundogan : " I do not want to belittle that. Such a long downtime is a real burden - this is a tough phase , the toughest of my career so far. For me is very important: I see light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes you have unfortunately by through such times . Just as Bastian Schweinsteiger, who has only just given even after a long pause his comeback . "
BILD: Threatens you even career-ending ?
Gundogan : "Clear No! I also have no spondylolisthesis , as I have to read it again and again. It is a nerve root inflammation. The complaints can not be turned off like a TV , but they are treatable . Inflammation occur , and inflammation disappear. "
BILD: You are supposed to be psychological treatment who can help you in this difficult phase ?
Gundogan ( laughs) : "In Treatment? No! Our BVB rod for several years is also a sports psychologist , and of course I also use from time to time this option. "
BILD: What impact has your injury to a possible change in the summer?
Gundogan : " Even if you will not believe me, 100 percent of my strength , I dedicate the BVB and my goal soon an integral part of the team to be . Everything else to me is just completely irrelevant , as all these rumors I never get animals . I have always promised that my first contact will definitely be Borussia Dortmund . And true to my word , I am ! "

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Can't be certain, of course, what the true issue might be that is causing him problems but the reality is that he's still out and continues to see his predicted timetable for return extended...That's always a worrying sign

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Well, MD leaked his condition to actually be a herniated disc in addition to bouts of paralysis, after Pruna's visit...The good is that while he remains the club's primary candidate to reinforce the midfield, Zubi et al will not assume any risks with his signing until he has made a full recovery

Gotta say, it's troubling to read that today...He could recover and play again but just as easily it could be career ending :(

DinhoR10

Well, MD leaked his condition to actually be a herniated disc in addition to bouts of paralysis, after Pruna's visit...The good is that while he remains the club's primary candidate to reinforce the midfield, Zubi et al will not assume any risks with his signing until he has made a full recovery

Gotta say, it's troubling to read that today...He could recover and play again but just as easily it could be career ending :(

So is there a timeline towards recovery/knowing he'll never make it?

jamrock

leave the kid a durtmond, everyone is so quick to destroy these teams that are being something special through hard work. gosh

Cule4life

The Culest
leave the kid a durtmond, everyone is so quick to destroy these teams that are being something special through hard work. gosh

He's not signing a new contract. If we don't act Madrid, city and the likes will pounce. I don't want to destroy good teams but he's definitely not staying there either way

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's not signing a new contract. If we don't act Madrid, city and the likes will pounce. I don't want to destroy good teams but he's definitely not staying there either way

But we need to make sure that he will fully recover before shelling out 30m or more for him.

jamrock

oh ok, if he won't sign a new contract then no problem.

he is juts another asshole, like gotze and lewa then.

as of today I no longer like him.

those guys should have stayed and built something special

Cule4life

The Culest
But we need to make sure that he will fully recover before shelling out 30m or more for him.

That goes without saying. I was pointing to jamrock that we arent destroying dortmund by buying him as he isnt signing a new contract

oh ok, if he won't sign a new contract then no problem.

he is juts another asshole, like gotze and lewa then.

as of today I no longer like him.

those guys should have stayed and built something special

Dont be so cocky. If you got a new job where you were paid double your existing salary wouldnt you jump ship. Or would you show your loyalty to your company? Footballers are human beings as well. I hate football fans acting as hypocrites. I admire loyal players like De Rossi, Totti etc. but it doesnt mean players leaving for greener pastures are the second coming of the devil.

Dont be so cocky. If you got a new job where you were paid double your existing salary wouldnt you jump ship. Or would you show your loyalty to your company? Footballers are human beings as well. I hate football fans acting as hypocrites. I admire loyal players like De Rossi, Totti etc. but it doesnt mean players leaving for greener pastures are the second coming of the devil.

FINALLY someone said it :worthy:

jamrock

That goes without saying. I was pointing to jamrock that we arent destroying dortmund by buying him as he isnt signing a new contract

if I am at a coming that's a dynamic company that's growing rapidly, would I leave for double the money.NO!!!!

they would have gotten their due, durtmond have grown financial every year for a while now and are one of the 20 riches clubs in the world.

they had a team that with a few additions could have challenge every big team in Europe if they stayed.

bunch of devils the lot of them. I hope they all fail big time when they leave.

its not like they are at a club like roma that's going no where, durtmond were winning!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If you got a job offer from a bigger company or if you wanted to experience a new enviroment and applied for jobs overseas, are you an asshole as well?

Home of Barca Fans