İlkay Gündoğan

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well to be honest price and adaptation are not that big an issue. He won't cost a fortune, though still a good amount, and he won't take that long to adapt. He's got the talent and the playing style to fit in quite well.

The main issue is health. However, I have to trust that if the team places a bid and buys him, they have thoroughly vetted his health.

Keep also in mind Mundo Deportivo reports about his health could easily either just be lies and speculations, or information disseminated purposely as a smoke screen to keep other team's interests in the player at bay.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I am not optimistic of that Sumlit, Bild has similar stories from more than a month ago that suggested the same issues wrt paralysis & nerve problems...although I don't think disc herniation was mentioned...This included quotes from the player acknowledging the bouts of paralysis...It's surprised me how little media attention it's gotten and now Prunat visiting/vetting/testing him only makes it odder...Health issues, especially some as potentially serious as these, are rarely disclosed in the public/media...But leaks like that are rare too, especially when no one refutes them

He would be fantastic though, no doubt...but only if fully recovered...I just have a bad feeling about it, it's a very complicated health issue

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
I am not optimistic of that Sumlit, Bild has similar stories from more than a month ago that suggested the same issues wrt paralysis & nerve problems...although I don't think disc herniation was mentioned...This included quotes from the player acknowledging the bouts of paralysis...It's surprised me how little media attention it's gotten and now Prunat visiting/vetting/testing him only makes it odder...Health issues, especially some as potentially serious as these, are rarely disclosed in the public/media...But leaks like that are rare too, especially when no one refutes them

He would be fantastic though, no doubt...but only if fully recovered...I just have a bad feeling about it, it's a very complicated health issue

Well even if he does have a herniated disc or spondylolisthesis, that can be healed. It takes time, but it something than can be healed, even without back surgery. The team doctor might examine him and determine the healing process might take more time than expected, and the player might not be available to play for next season. That can be something that stops the transfer. Back injuries take a while to get you back to full strength.

Now if we're talking something more degenerative and debilitating like spinal stenosis, then that's a different matter altogether.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He hasn't played a game in how long now? And we are seriously considering him as new blood for our aging midfield?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rafinha is coming back, sell Song and move Mascherano in DM to add some competition to Busquets. Midfield case closed.
Zubi should just focus on getting a goalie and few tall CBs.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The question is if he can play CB?

Joking, but on a serious note - could he be backup on DM?

I

instinct

Rafinha is coming back, sell Song and move Mascherano in DM to add some competition to Busquets. Midfield case closed.
Zubi should just focus on getting a goalie and few tall CBs.

I love the idea of getting Rafinha back but no one can guarentee that he will be as good for us as he is for Celta. Maybe he needs some time to adapt to the high expecations. But I have the feeling that trusting Xavi one more season is too risky. He will be 35 next year.
Therefore I would buy a really good midfielder because it gives us more options and more depth. Furthermore a new midfielder could help improving our current system.

Home of Barca Fans