İlkay Gündoğan

Co0ter

Yes Gundogan left Barca because he was worried about playing time.
..and joined City of all teams lmao.

Even Gundo himself explained the reasons.
No shit haha I don't think Laporta made a single statement the entire transfer window that was actually true.

Andresito

Staff member
Part of the reason that he joined the club were the calls from Germany teammate Marc-Andre ter Stegen, and former Borussia Dortmund teammate Robert Lewandowski. Gundogan did not see much in the way of character in the dressing room while he was there though, and his veteran colleagues were part of that.

Joan Fontes explains that Gundogan felt ter Stegen, now the captain of the club, did not raise his voice often enough, and kept himself to himself most of the time. Meanwhile with Lewandowski, the Polish striker was not helping the youngsters development much – his complaints to young players during games were well-documented last season. Equally, if Barcelona came out on the losing side of games, but Lewandowski had scored, Gundogan felt that the 36-year-old was all too content with matters.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Rumours like these are agenda driven since none of the principals can corroborate anything - entorno nonsense

However, it would not surprise me at all if true. There is an absence of experienced leadership in the squad which is natural when most are quite young. Mats, not surprising that he lacks some leadership charisma nor is surprising with Lewy who is a goal scorer first than a leader in dressing room

Gundogan would’ve been ideal save for the bizarre Araujo outburst but we all were a bit traumatized by that match

Can Lamine lead the squad at 17? Unlikely, even though he continues to be the main protagonist nor should that be the case.

I think a proper dressing room leader is indeed sorely missing though - whom would you choose to reinforce the squad from sporting and experience perspective? Rodri would be a natural choice but that’s never going to happen

Maybe we have him already in Raphinha or even Araujo but unfortunately the latter appears to still have one foot out the door

Gazzznigga

Look, i dont think it is up for a debate anymore that Gundogan decided to leave Barca on his own, he made his feelings obvious about the way club was being managed and the mentality of the team, right from the first El classico.....

....those trying to spin it on Olmo arriving as an ingenious plan by the board are mere choirboys with empty boxes upstairs....they just lap on any nonsense put out there by the board/press. If that makes them happy though....

Reactions: BJJ

Home of Barca Fans