İlkay Gündoğan

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
That contract sounds like he'll leave next year. We can always go for him then. If Rafinha comes back, we don't necessarily need a midfield signing. GK and CBs are the priority anyway.

His contract extension was expected and was the smart play by both him & the club...It in no way means he's out of the proverbial woods in terms of his playing future wrt his injury

I

instinct

A shame that he got injured. Would fit perfectly here. I hope that we won't be punished with the transfer ban next summer because I'd go for him when he is fit again.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If we've sent people regularly to keep track of his condition and recovery to make sure it's going alright then it still could possibly have been something to pursue this summer. Proper negotiations would allow us to get away with low-balling them due to the injury and actually get Gundogan for a fairly cheap amount adding incentives based on performance after recovery. We could finance it with the Cesc deal (we know we have tons of money to spare and this seems a good investment)

There's a chance that right now his price is the lowest it'll ever be and that's the window of opportunity to get an amazing deal for us. We don't have a guarantee that he'll recover but if we can reinforce ourselves by knowing the trajectory of his return and keeping a smart financial deal, we're at least secured enough for this to not be that risky of a gamble. If it does pay off, we're extremely lucky because he's a player that'd actually be perfect.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'd be okay with us buying him if it's for cheap. If he can overcome the back injury, he will be the perfect fit. Ideally, Gundogan would come alongside Koke though. Can't put all our hopes on an injured midfielder.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Everything wrt Ilkay is predicated on recovery and he has yet to arrive at a point where he is either pain free or past the nerve problems...I am very skeptical that he will ever become the player many predicted he would/could due to his condition

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I'd be okay with us buying him if it's for cheap. If he can overcome the back injury, he will be the perfect fit. Ideally, Gundogan would come alongside Koke though. Can't put all our hopes on an injured midfielder.

He's going to go for circa 40m easily.

Alarcón

Unsure whether he'll ever be the player he used to be again but if we can get him for 15m or less, I'd do it. If it succeeds, it could turn out a great deal and a massive bargain, if not, we'll lose about 10m, given that we sold players at a loss of dozens of millions only a short time after we bought them, though, I think it is worth the risk.

That said, don't expect him to move this summer. His contract renewal wasn't only an extension, it was a commitment to Dortmund.

Home of Barca Fans