İlkay Gündoğan

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Back problems never heal but we will see how he will finish this season. I don't think barca is interested in him, don't get your hopes high. We will go one of verrati/pogba/koke for sure.

I am not so sure at all, all three appear to be very hard to get/out of reach for us. I have my reservations about Gundogan too since he came back from injury, but I fear we will be left with nobody in the end (no midfield addition).

Kohe321

I have only seen a few Dortmund games since his return from the back injury, and from my limited perspective he has shown some absolutely sublime moments. He was out for so long that it's only fair to allow him a good chunk of time to regain his pre-injury form. The positive thing is that he has, to me, shown performances that resembled his very best, so that old level is still in him for the most part. It's a question of performing consistently again, which I think has more to do with getting back routine and playing enough games. I think if he can finish this season strong, then next season could be a great one for him.

He would be a great addition to the team in my opinion, and I really hope we approach Dortmund about signing him this summer. One of the few absolute world class midfielders that can be had for a reasonable amount of money, and he'd slot right in I think.

If we could start with this lineup in January 2016 it would be fantastic!

[formation=barca,6]
Stegen
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Alves-0-Pique-0-Mathieu-0-Alba
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Rakitic-0-0-Busquets-0-0-Gundogan
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Messi-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

L

linetty

I have only seen a few Dortmund games since his return from the back injury, and from my limited perspective he has shown some absolutely sublime moments. He was out for so long that it's only fair to allow him a good chunk of time to regain his pre-injury form. The positive thing is that he has, to me, shown performances that resembled his very best, so that old level is still in him for the most part. It's a question of performing consistently again, which I think has more to do with getting back routine and playing enough games. I think if he can finish this season strong, then next season could be a great one for him.

He would be a great addition to the team in my opinion, and I really hope we approach Dortmund about signing him this summer. One of the few absolute world class midfielders that can be had for a reasonable amount of money, and he'd slot right in I think.

[formation=barca,6]
Stegen
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]
Mathieu? :masip:

Kohe321

Got any ideas on who we should sign for the CB position this summer then feel free to add. I think Mathieu showed against City and Madrid that he's our best CB pairing with Pique right now, but it depends on him keeping it simple and letting Pique do the intricate passing. At any rate, this was mainly to showcase our current strongest starting 11 with Gundogan slotted in (Bravo/Stegen is interchangeable).

L

linetty

Got any ideas on who we should sign for the CB position this summer then feel free to add. I think Mathieu showed against City and Madrid that he's our best CB pairing with Pique right now, but it depends on him keeping it simple and letting Pique do the intricate passing. At any rate, this was mainly to showcase our current strongest starting 11 with Gundogan slotted in (Bravo/Stegen is interchangeable).
We don't need to sign anyone... Bartra or Mascherano - pick one. Btw is this a joke? Do you honestly tihnk Mathieu gets a place in our strongest 11? For me he's 4th choice and could even be 5th if Verminator shows up.

Saw some Gundogan to Atletico Rumours earlier.

Could be a good move for both parties.
Gundogan to Atleti & Koke to Barca? That'd be fine.

Kohe321

We don't need to sign anyone... Bartra or Mascherano - pick one. Btw is this a joke? Do you honestly tihnk Mathieu gets a place in our strongest 11? For me he's 4th choice and could even be 5th if Verminator shows up.

Then that's your opinion, I think there's a reason why Lucho picked him to start both against City and Madrid, and he did well in those games. So no it's not a joke.

And by the way Linetty, it's a beautiful saturday so I'm in no mood to argue minute bullshit like who is best suited to start with Pique between Bartra, Mascherano, Mathieu or even Vermaelen today. Who cares, take my lineup for what it was and keep it on-topic about Gundogan.

DrPepper

That's not my opinon, that's a fact.

Wtf? Vermaelen is clearly our worst CB. Mascherano, Bartra and Mathieu are about the same level. Not really world class but not too bad either, although Mascherano should clearly be the least preferred choice in big matches.

The only fact is that we desperately need Gündogan. :p

Gundogan to Atleti & Koke to Barca? That'd be fine.

Why not have both. Whether it'll be us or Atletico remains to be seen, tho :pep:

L

linetty

Wtf? Vermaelen is clearly our worst CB. Mascherano, Bartra and Mathieu are about the same level. Not really world class but not too bad either, although Mascherano should clearly be the least preferred choice in big matches.
I wonder how can you say that Verm is clearly our worst CB while he hasn't even played a single game yet. I actually think he can be a great defender when fit so you never know.

DrPepper

I wonder how can you say that Verm is clearly our worst CB while he hasn't even played a single game yet. I actually think he can be a great defender when fit so you never know.

Ofc there's that possibility, but I was never impressed with him in the first place, not even during his Arsenal days. He's like Kompany (who gets called a shit defender by nearly everyone here) but worse.

Butaan4barca

[formation=barca,6]
Stegen
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

noo

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Kicker believes that Gundogan will renew with BVB in the next several weeks.

I guess the key is how long the contract is going to be.

Home of Barca Fans