İlkay Gündoğan

DrPepper

Well, if he renews he'll be a lot more expensive than the rumoured ~30M we'd have to pay for him right now.

BenRobbins

Bild think United are very close to signing gundogan.

Wtf is this? I highly doubt we will get hummels and gundogan or even one of them.

I think they are trying to wind BVB up.

oggydude

Bild think United are very close to signing gundogan.

Wtf is this? I highly doubt we will get hummels and gundogan or even one of them.

I think they are trying to wind BVB up.

Close to completion apparently, will be an excellent player to rotate with Carrick/Herrera, but his injury problems are a worry. Dunno how reliable Bild are though.

S7_MUFC

Excellent player although a huge risk injury wise, Considering the price I think it's a risk worth taking....I'm a bit concerned about finding someone to replace carrick long term but there aren't many players similar to him...

Last edited:

BenRobbins

He would start instead of fellaini.

Imagine getting hummels, gundogan and depay for £77 million. Money very well spent imo.

Highly unlikely.

S7_MUFC

He would start instead of fellaini.

Imagine getting hummels, gundogan and depay for £77 million. Money very well spent imo.

Highly unlikely.

How physical is he? He's not that tall and I think of him as a more dynamic version of Herrara...Fellaini is in the team just as a counterbalance to the lightweight players and I don't think gundogan will solve that problem...

BenRobbins

Yeah he would easily be able to hack it. He is quite sturdy and its all about pressing and intercepting than really shoulder to shoulder battles to he should be fine.

Him and herrera are quite tenacious in their tackling anyway and they both can do a shift if needed.

BenRobbins

He's been rubbish since his comeback half a year ago, though.

He hasn't been rubbish at all? True he has not been as good as he was pre-injury but he still is a good player and hopefully a rest this summer and then he can reach those heights again at whichever club he maybe at. For £15 million the rewards could massively outway the risks.

Martindn

Cant believe hes only 24 looked gash since his injury. Same things were said about Falcao, but probably worth the gamble at that price.

Last edited:

Jombi

He hasn't been rubbish at all? True he has not been as good as he was pre-injury but he still is a good player and hopefully a rest this summer and then he can reach those heights again at whichever club he maybe at. For £15 million the rewards could massively outway the risks.

He certainly hasnt been anywhere near good enough for a club like Barca though. 25m euros (15m pounds) for a guy like him is way too much IMO. I dont see how a rest will make him any better either. He has rested for years now and after playing for half a year should be able to find some type of match fitness and form.

A guy like Giannelli Imbula from Marseilles would probably cost less than that and is much, much better and younger too.

Last edited:

DrPepper

A bargain if true. Wait for Barca to hopelessly go after him in 2016. Another player our club doesn't seem to know.

Home of Barca Fans