İlkay Gündoğan

What if Reus signed a new contract just so Dortmund can get more money for him, as a good gesture to a club he loves?
Reus ll stay at Dortmund..get used to it. I cannot remember such a case in Bundesliga and especially not a huge story like the Reus one. All indications and interviews clearly rubbish such claims.

Even if Gündogan signs a new contract, he won't cost more than 35-40M and he's easily worth that.
If Gündogan signs an extension, then it means the chances r zero, to get him for that amount.

People r too ignorant or just too deluded to understand, that Dortmund dont need money..they have never sold an important player, when they had the power to avoid it. Only if an exit clause existed or when the contract was just running for one more year.

They could have sold players like Reus, Hummels, Subotic, Piszczek and Gündogan ages ago, if they wanted to make money, but the reality is, they have declined huge offers over and over again..not even interested to negotiate.

Sahin was the 1st who left the club. The reason was simple. Dortmund had an unexpected huge success after being mediocre for some years close to bankruptcy. The contracts of Dortmund that time were not made for that instant success. Sahin wasnt wanted by coach Doll thus loaned to Feyenoord and so it was understandable that an exit clause for relatively cheap 6m was implemented..the clause was just for domestic move, so Real needed to add a small bonus to get him.

Next was Kagawa. He just had one year left when his dream club United came calling. They decided to cash in instead of losing him for free a year later. Paid less than a million and got around 16m€..it was understandable to sell him, especially when Reus was his successor.

They never would have sold Götze, if he wouldnt have a clause to leave 2013. Dortmund had no chance to deny him that clause, cos his previous contract was running out soon. Götze had all the power to dictate the conditions and his agent is well known to play hard..Kroos leaving Bayern to Real is another story.

During that time Dortmund had huge offers for all their players, but they never sold anybody else and we r talking about Real, Bayern & Co. being after their starlets since years offering ridiculous money.

Then the last case Lewandowski. They denied to sell him despite making him the promise to sell him, if a club offering 25m€. That was in his last year of contract again, otherwise they never would have thought about selling him. Bayern said they r prepared to meet their demands, but Dortmund refused. Lewandowski being rightfully pissed and moaning and whining, but Dortmund being strict not selling him to Bayern, but losing him for free. Cos they r generating tons of profits since 2010 and they have plenty of cash reserves.

And Reus was the last player, who had an exit clause..CEO Watzke proudly announced that, so nobody ll get sold, if Dortmund dont want and one thing is for sure, Reus ll play for Dortmund next year for sure..100%.

Gündogan just has one year left though, so there is indeed a possibility to get him, cos Dortmund already announced, that another Lewandoski-case wont happen again soon. He has to extend or he ll get sold. The price would be prob around 25m€ I guess. After the Reus extension, I can see him signing an extension too, but nobody knows..Dortmund being optimistic.

Hummels has just contract until 2017, so there must be a decision made too, soon, cos otherwise the next exhausting rumour odyssey is coming up. I m very optimistic, that Hummels ll stay at Dortmund too..cannot see him leaving this summer.

..but if they both extend, then that means they ll stay and not being sold for more money.

Contracts mean nothing nowadays, though FWIW I think Gundogan won't leave yet. At least until he gets back to where he was before the injuries.

DrPepper

Yeah, let's wait and see. I'd actually love for both of them to stay, the only exception when they move to us obviously.

I think the possibility of Gündogan extending his contract and still leaving is higher than with Reus, considering the latter being a true Dortmund fan himself. And I guess the possibility of not reaching European competition could be a reason for Ilkay to leave.

Contracts mean nothing nowadays, though FWIW I think Gundogan won't leave yet. At least until he gets back to where he was before the injuries.
Well, dont know how it is in Spain, but in Germany contracts mean something. Bayern never sell important players and same for Dortmund..they r no selling clubs and have principles. When a player signs a new contract without clauses, then it means he ll stay..simple.

barca1899

Well, dont know how it is in Spain, but in Germany contracts mean something. Bayern never sell important players and same for Dortmund..they r no selling clubs and have principles. When a player signs a new contract without clauses, then it means he ll stay..simple.

i_b04_koe_happy_calhanoglu_628.jpg

khaled_a_d

He's not injury prone. Apart from his nasty back problem which have healed, he rarely got injured. Then how is he injury prone?

I hear the same about Reus. Was hardly injured and then gets stuck with 2-3 of the same type, more bad luck it cannot be. Injury prone though? Nah.

Who wouldn't want Verratti? The problem is that he plays for PSG. We went all in for Thiago Silva and we went all in for Marquinhos and we all saw how that ended.

This might be true ,but for a club who just signed Vermaelen it will be tough for any board to take a risk with Gundogan
if he ends up with a new injury no one will understand the ration about it ,people will keep saying we have signe injury prone player .injury prone is more of a reputation anyway .it isn't like people take the words of medical stuff in it

Last edited:

DrPepper

You can't compare Vermaelen with Gündogan though. Or with anyone else for that matter :lol:

He's like extraordinarily injury prone

khaled_a_d

You can't compare Vermaelen with Gündogan though. Or with anyone else for that matter :lol:

He's like extraordinarily injury prone

I am not comparing them by any means
But It happened that we signed Vermaelen and we are mocked/trolled by this transfer .it has tarnished our transfer reputation a bit
This will be in the mind of any board when they try to sign a player with injury history .even if doctors tell them otherwise .as I said injury prone tend to be more like a reputation
Gundogan problem was at his back ,but if he get one injury in his leg or are you will hear people complaining that the club who signed injury prone Vermaelen and then went after Gundogan .even if that is a totally different thing

Home of Barca Fans