İlkay Gündoğan

Kohe321

And only 30m euro?

That's a bargain, really. Gundogan is world class. Meanwhile our board do not seem to aknowledge the existence of the Bundesliga, I guess they must think it's all Bayern playing in Bayernland, and no deals can be made. :lol:

Leo_Messi

And only 30m?

That's a bargain, really. Gundogan is world class. Meanwhile our board do not seem to aknowledge the existence of the Bundesliga, I guess they must think it's all Bayern playing in Bayernland, and no deals can be made. :lol:

Or maybe they are not ready to take a gamble with a 25 year old player that was out for over 1 year and who since his return has looked nowhere near his "2012-13 season level".

Indeed the Bundesliga might be called exactly that as there is only club that is worth anything and that club is called Bayern München.

Kohe321

Or maybe they are not ready to take a gamble with a player that was out for over 1 year and who since his return has looked nowhere near his "2012-13 season level".

Indeed the Bundesliga might be called exactly that as there is only team that is worth anything.

That's funny then if the reports are true that they might be willing to gamble over 100m on a yet unproven 22 year old midfielder from Juventus. :lol:

Gundogan seems to have fully recovered. 30m isn't much of a gamble either, the potential reward of him staying fit (which is likely) far outweighs the risk of the signing fee.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
That's funny then if the reports are true that they might be willing to gamble over 100m on a yet unproven 22 year old midfielder from Juventus. :lol:

Gundogan seems to have fully recovered. 30m isn't much of a gamble either, the potential reward of him staying fit (which is likely) far outweighs the risk of the signing fee.

Said unproven midfielder was voted the best young player at the World Cup.

Leo_Messi

That's funny then if the reports are true that they might be willing to gamble over 100m with a yet unproven 22 year old midfielder from Juventus. :lol:

You cannot compare Pogba with Gündogan in this case. An almost 25 year old Gündogan has performed at a high level for what? 2 seasons?

Let's all forget that Gündogan was out for over 400 days with a serious spinal injury. An injury that might have been career ending. Let's forget that he has not looked like the same player since that injury.

I don't want Pogba but there is no way that he is a unproven player, unless you consider playing for Juve for 3 seasons and being a fundamental piece to their team, winning 3 scudetti in row and performing well in the CL and for France as unproven for a player that just turned 22 years. Oh, the same "unproven player" was voted the best young player at the recent World Cup.

Also there is no way that the club will be willing to pay 100 million euros for him.

EDIT: Yes, he will be almost 25 years old when the EPL season starts in August.

Last edited:

Kohe321

How is Pogba unproven compared to Gündogan?
What else should Pogba do?

Gundogan isn't more proven than Pogba, that's true. But then again, he costs 30m, a much more reasonable fee than what Pogba is demanding.

What he has proved is that he's a world class CM when at his best, and I think it's very likely that he can reach his top level again after the surgery and all, and considering his relatively young age at 24 (will be 25 in October next season, not "almost 25" that).

Any word on what Gundogans salary will be? I guess not 12m a year after taxes? :lol:

Last edited:
I

instinct

I can only congratulate ManU for this deal. Wonderful player and in-form certainly one of the best midfielders in the world. 30m is peanuts for them and he'll improve them.

Pogba to Barca seems closer and closer.

Kohe321

I'll admit, calling Pogba unproven was salty. I take that back :lol:

Just pissed that we can't get Gundogan now. I really think he would be perfect at Barca, and 30m is a refreshingly reasonable price in the world of top football... Dang.

Leo_Messi

Gundogan isn't more proven than Pogba, that's true. But then again, he costs 30m, a much more reasonable fee than what Pogba is demanding.

What he has proved is that he's a world class CM when at his best, and I think it's very likely that he can reach his top level again after the surgery and all, and considering his relatively young age at 24 (will be 25 in October next season, not "almost 25" that).

Any word on what Gundogans salary will be? I guess not 12m a year after taxes? :lol:

Pogba has proved more at the highest level despite being 3 years younger and unlike Gündogan the Frenchman has not been out with a serious spinal injury for over 400 days.

Nor has Pogba 1 year left of his contract like Gündogan has. Pogba has simply been the better player (much better) for 2 seasons in a row. Hence why all of Europe wants Pogba. Gündogan on the other hand? I have not seen him being rumored with the leading clubs of Europe.

Talk about comparing apples and oranges.

Kohe321

Pogba has proved more at the highest level despite being 3 years younger and unlike Gündogan the Frenchman has not been out with a serious spinal injury for over 400 days.

Nor has Pogba 1 year left of his contract like Gündogan does.

Talk about comparing apples and oranges.

Read my above post mate, I don't think we disagree on this issue really :cheers:

Leo_Messi

Read my above post mate, I don't think we disagree on this issue really :cheers:

Fair enough mate. I understand that you wanted to throw an angry fist towards our moronic board but in this case I won't blame them for much. Trust me, I also use most opportunities to criticize them simply because I believe that they have hurt our club more than they have helped it.

Nor do I actually want us to buy Pogba unless the asking price will be around 60-70 million euros at most.

Well, I guess that means we will definitely go for Pogba then.

Or someone else entirely? It will be interesting for sure. That transfer ban makes life much harder though. Not the time to think about transfers. We have at most 10 games left this season (10 if we include a possible CL final appearance) so the club should focus on that but still keep an close eye on the transfer market.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans