İlkay Gündoğan

R

Ryu Hayabusa

verratti is a midget yet can keep the ball even when giants pursue him.

Height means nothing in football. Or barcelona wouldn't have won so many titles in recent history with their team full of midgets.

Even the very best CB of his time was only 178cm in case you forgot about it.

Of course height is a factor in football. Oo
Brings obvious advantages but also disadvantages (agility etc.)

Bertus

Of course height is a factor in football. Oo
Brings obvious advantages but also disadvantages (agility etc.)

I won't spend my time to argue about that. I just state facts. Barcelona won titles with a team full of midgets, and the best player in football history (imo), Messi, is a midget.

To come back to this topic, anyone who watched prime Gundogan knows he can hold the ball even against giants so I don't see what's the point arguing.

Leo_Messi

In before we fail to sign Pogba too...

Gundogan for 30M euros is a bargain, even if I consider him inferior to Verratti and Pogba.

But strictly talking about money, 30M is cheap nowadays.

30 million euros might not be much in the current market but when you consider the fact that his contract ends in the summer of 2016 it's not that cheap anymore. Kroos, a significantly superior player (IMO) was bought by RM for 25 million euros and he had 1 year left of his contract as well.

Let's not forget that Gundogan has basically only had 2 good seasons and that he was out for over 400 days due to a serious spinal injury. He has not been the same since his return either irrespective of Dortmund being very poor this season.

In my opinion it's not worth the risk. We can't afford to take any risks. I rather pay 60 million euros for Koke or 70 million euros for Pogba. At least they give you certain guarantees that Gundogan cannot due to his injury history. They are also better footballers that have proven more and who are younger.

Patricho

30 million is peanuts for United. He may not have regained his old form, but even at his current level he'll be a good addition for that midfield. I just don't know if Van Gaal will allow him to roam free, as van Gaal is known to love his players at their fixed positions.

Leo_Messi

30 million is peanuts for United. He may not have regained his old form, but even at his current level he'll be a good addition for that midfield. I just don't know if Van Gaal will allow him to roam free, as van Gaal is known to love his players at their fixed positions.

But FCB is not Man Utd. I don't care about Man Utd. I am solely interested in Gundogan vis-a-vis FCB.

Antimadridista1

Good player if he can stay fit.
But what is the point of having Ander Herrera and Gundogan knowing that they both are central midfieldiers ?

DrPepper

Sad day for us, once again. Too bad our club never heard of this player.

Gündogan of 11-13 > anything Pogba has done till now tbh. Being champion in a much better league plus reaching and bossing the CL final while Pogba has won two Serie A titles. People shitting on pretty much every EPL player right now but Pogba who plays in an inferior league is the real deal? I don't see how the latter should be 4 times more expensive.

I know right. Lets make sure he doesn't keep our potential targets in his sig, ever again. :lol:

#TeamPogba it is then :pep:

james baldwin

Is the Bundesliga a "much" better league? I have my doubts. Bundesliga teams routingly get smashed by other top European teams. Napoli gave Wolfsburg a spanking. Even Everton crushed them home and away.

As for Pogba, I don't understand why he gets written off here sometimes. He's only 22 and is already a top top centre mid. How many centre mids his age are as good as him? He will only get better.

Is the Bundesliga a "much" better league? I have my doubts. Bundesliga teams routingly get smashed by other top European teams. Napoli gave Wolfsburg a spanking. Even Everton crushed them home and away.

As for Pogba, I don't understand why he gets written off here sometimes. He's only 22 and is already a top top centre mid. How many centre mids his age are as good as him? He will only get better.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
already done.

Bayern won 7:1 vs roma a few months ago. Rock solid!

Ooooooooo_ooh_oooh_cat_shrek.gif

FATALITY.

Home of Barca Fans