İlkay Gündoğan

Co0ter

Thanks for your objective input. :facepalm:

All input is necessary. The guy is a professional footballer, being injured isn't an excuse to get a huge gut. I'd be embarrassed. With top class dieticians and nutrionists there at all times there is no excuse to get that out of shape while 23 years old and a football player. No excuse.

Jombi

The idea of getting Gundogan is to get some midfield depth I think. Rakitic cant play all the games and Iniesta cant either. Especially Rakitic is constantly subbed off and rested by Lucho. It doesnt seem like Raki can play more than 50-60% of our total minutes. And thats in an injury free season. But Rakitic can also play in Iniesta's position as he has done when he has played with Xavi. So Gundogan wouldnt only be an understudy for Rakitic, but could also play in Xavi's role with Rakitic on Iniesta's position. Of course, this all assumes that Xavi actually leaves us, which seems likely. :(

BenRobbins

Zorc about Gündogan: "It's his request to transfer this summer, that's what we discussed." (via @RNBVB) #BVB

He will be moving in the summer. My guess is to either Bayern or United. It would of been nice to see gundogan at Barca. I think he really would of excelled there.

Jombi

I dont think we should put too much emphasis on that. I think it is just another way of saying that he isnt going to renew his contract and Dortmund wants to get money for him. If he had said that it is his request to transfer in January, that would have been a too obvious hint that he is going to Barca.

Siberia

Barcelona have a pre-deal on the transfer of Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan (24). The player has passed a medical test in Munich. [md]

Kohe321

Awesome news if this is true! Gundogan is a world class player when in form, and he's only 24 years old which gives him a lot of time to learn, adapt and improve at Barca. Just look at how Rakitic has adapted and gotten integrated as a crucial player for us in his first season, if Gundogan can do the same it will be awesome. Could be another bargain.

kozza

How the hell is Pogba a guarantee of success? He could be the Barca's most expensive flop for all we know. Remember Ibra?
Pogba has all of the essential qualities of a barça midfielder, great vertical short and long passes, dribbles, workrate + his other physical qualities.
Gundogan has of course lost his ridiculous belly after he returned to play, but he alternates good and bad perfs and he's far from the 12/13 level where he was really excellent.

Siberia

Pogba has all of the essential qualities of a barça midfielder, great vertical short and long passes, dribbles, workrate + his other physical qualities.
Gundogan has of course lost his ridiculous belly after he returned to play, but he alternates good and bad perfs and he's far from the 12/13 level where he was really excellent.

lol no. Pogba isnt a passer. He's actually quite shite at it, meaning he can give a pass but doesnt have the vision a barca midfielder needs

khaled_a_d

I am one of Pogba biggest fans here ,but I gotta agree with [MENTION=18815]Siberia[/MENTION] here .Passing isn't his biggest strength .it isn't totally broken though

SeloBarca

Gundogan-Pogba could become a great midfield though.

Gundogan in the CM Xavi role and Pogba in Iniesta AM role.

Pogba would have to work on his passing and "flow". Nothign as beatiful as Iniesta when he could just dance around enemies.

Gundogan would have to work on making quick decisions. Xavi could get the ball and make a splitting pass in the same step.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans