İlkay Gündoğan

JamDav1982

He has the quality to go back there and still have an impact.. just for what Barca have and paying him 18m a season it is not a good use of FFP.

Club know it.

jamrock

Would indeed be funny if he goes back to City, but he'll perform at a high level no matter where he ends up, including Barcelona.

He was over played last season, largely due to injuries, but his class was obvious.

He has another 1-2 in those levels, if rotated.

If he leaves, I wonder if it's really a case of him really no fucking with flick.

JamDav1982

The issue is paying 18m for a player for a season who is there as a rotation issue with one.. if not.. the best covered areas in the team.

Surely to fuck they see they cant be building an attack on a 34 yr old AM and a 36 yr old striker and paying big money to both.

The fact this has ever been seen as a good idea by some is bizarre.

Would appear like last season he would not be trusted much further back due to how poor defensively he looked.

He got rid of the big salaries, and decreased the salary mass by a lot. But it is questionable if he could actually carry the club through an austerity period. The club doesn't have that kind of patience and endurance. Austerity periods don't mean La Liga title in 2023 and close to CL semis in 2024.

That's actually luxury for us as a club dealing with these issues. That's closer to high-performance than austerity.

What he's trying to do is carry the club through this phase while remaining competitive at the top. It is of course very difficult.
Hey buddy i was talking about 2021 and 2023, in this period we spent almost 300 millions.

For this :

Eliminated by real madrid in supercopa : festing a loss like a victory.
Eliminated by bilbao in copa del rey.
Eliminated by Francfort in EL in the Nou Camp with 30 000 germans pissing in our faces.
2ND in la liga

Eliminated by Manchester United in EL with ballon d'or 2020 unable to do a goodball control.
Elimated by real madrid in copa del rey 0-4 in our stadium.
Winning la liga With fourteen 1-0.
Winning la supercopa against ceferin team.

Imo i dont think that was very effective to spend money on shitty and granny's players, for winning 2 trophies.

And if you want to talk about last year we were ridiculous in every competition, humiliated by psg at home (unable to score against dortmund in +180min).
Unable to win one classico when we were winning 1-2 fifteen minutes before the final whistle.
Raped by girona and villareal...
Eliminated by bilbao in copa del rey...

Porque

Letting Gundo go for a free is the right thing to do all considered.

He came, done a job and now is being forced out the door for the new toy.

But alas, Gundy is a smart guy who probably sees the unprofessionality around this club having come from Abu Dhabi advertising deluxe, and probably thought fuck it, I'll take rain and less toxicity.

JamDav1982

Too much credit is given for 'reducing salaries' in reality.

It was impossible to resign Messi in the end if not accepting CVC.

While the league FFP forces the clubs to reduce salaries if want to sign/renew/register players... there is no real option but to reduce it.

To three windows later still having registration issues is poor and that has been massively impacted by the huge contracts/fees given to Lewa/Gundo etc and also failures in Europe mosts likely costing club around 150m+.

El Ilusionista

Remember when they used to say years ago when we get rid of the huge salaries of Griezmann, Alba, Busi, Messi & Suarez we will be alright. Guess what, it has been 3 years and we are still struggling with FFP.

jamrock

Remember when they used to say years ago when we get rid of the huge salaries of Griezmann, Alba, Busi, Messi & Suarez we will be alright. Guess what, it has been 3 years and we are still struggling with FFP.

We are still paying some of players, if memory serves me right.

TheStig

Every argument that this is the right move for FFP in hilarious when we know that we pay Lewa a lot more money for a lot worse performances. Do this shit to Lewa and your can register 3 Olmos.

Birdy

Reliable journalists now reporting that Gundo is open to leaving BECAUSE he DOESNT WANT TO BE A PROBLEM

FFS, Fatporta's smear campaign worked on a guy that has some sensitivity in him, and is not thickskinned like Frenkie
I feel so bad for Gundo

Another horrendous treatment of players and coaches by Fatporta, after Messi, Koeman, Xavi, etc/
His 2nd stint will go down in history as one of the worst.
It's only behind Bartomeu's right now

#LAPORTA OUT
#NO CONFIDENCE

Home of Barca Fans