Isco

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Rafael Comino (Agent): "He (Isco) is not leaving Real Madrid. They say that because they want to sell newspapers," [TuttoJuve etc]

CuleLife4Life

He will probably go.. i feel that
like previous years since Bale .. Perez will be keen to balance the books and Isco deserve more than a sub for James... the later goals and profile makes him a starter.. Isco do all the fancy footwork and game play however James is efficient like hell in terms of game change with his goal
a good offer for 50 Million Euro will see him go elsewhere at least with an option to buyback cause you never know..
Already there upcoming players in his position like Odegaard or even Asensio (although a winger can still play from the center ) needless to say Bale hooked on playing behind the striker as well

all in all logic dictates Isco will ask to leave the club

I don't think so. Perez may have an addiction to galacticos but Isco being beloved in Spain and a member of the NT is a huge advantage. I know it kills Flo that we were the majority of those Spanish golden years so he'll do anything to hold on to Isco the same way they did Ramos.

If anything, James may get the short end of the stick in the long run. Rafa is known to favor Spanish youngsters and Isco even started ahead of James today. They're going to probably split much more game time instead of Isco being his sub.

And I can see Flo trading him in for a shinier toy in a few yrs before Isco. As much as Flo tries to pain Madrid as a "global" club, Spanish still get priority. Look at Navas. Best GK in La Liga, never got a fair chance, and he will be getting replaced by De Gea. Can't even get the backup spot because another Spaniard has that as well.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
Not just the national team but the CL homegrown rules...

it won't be Real Madrid alone i feel Isco wants to be constant starter ...rotation is not something he is looking for at the moment..
the thing is like last night against Galatasaray he way over dribble and lose the ball in crucial stages.. yes the fans are happy but the club can suffer reminds me now a bit with Guti in terms of game approach without Guti cut through passes
James will still be more prolific due to his goals which you can hardly find a bad goal scored by him.. all of them are art work

Icarium

Lifestealer
[MENTION=813]Beast[/MENTION] I think James is a better player. It is not just because he scores beauties but his output is very high compared to Isco imo.

Beast

The Observer
[MENTION=813]Beast[/MENTION] I think James is a better player. It is not just because he scores beauties but his output is very high compared to Isco imo.

Sadly i agree .. although i enjoy Isco game a lot but unless we play with 2 AM behind 2 strikers he won't cut it as much...
during pre-season i remember one game where Isco was really the star... but didn't assist or created... James came in the second half (it was the first game for him in pre-season ) and scored a stunning goal ... he is way more effective but i believe Isco is smart enough and has the time to learn .. maybe under Rafa or in other team if he decides to leave but if i'm a manager sure James would be my first choice .. of course there is the possible scenario that once Ronaldo leave maybe in a year it will be easier to put James on the left & Isco in his place

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Sadly i agree .. although i enjoy Isco game a lot but unless we play with 2 AM behind 2 strikers he won't cut it as much...
during pre-season i remember one game where Isco was really the star... but didn't assist or created... James came in the second half (it was the first game for him in pre-season ) and scored a stunning goal ... he is way more effective but i believe Isco is smart enough and has the time to learn .. maybe under Rafa or in other team if he decides to leave but if i'm a manager sure James would be my first choice .. of course there is the possible scenario that once Ronaldo leave maybe in a year it will be easier to put James on the left & Isco in his place

The best Isco is still the one that led Malaga to the CL quarters

Beast

The Observer
The best Isco is still the one that led Malaga to the CL quarters

No that's the flashy Isco...

the best Isco is the one in Madrid.. the one who learned how to defend , score goals & be more influential not a show boat... the Disco Isco

raskolnikov

I still hope Isco leaves then after a subpar year joins us to destroy teams as our next Iniesta.
He would be so much better with us than Real, Isco and Thiago should have been our new Iniesta/Xavi.

But I guess some players prefer to slave away at Madrid, Benzema has the same beta mentality.

Beast

The Observer
Terrible Isco.. waste so many balls just trying to dribble out of thin air...just do a simple pass man.. learn from Iniesta something

Chainsaw

Killahead
I don't think Real will let go of Isco without a clause which stop him from joining Barca. A direct sell? Not unless it's a mammoth offer that even Perez can't refuse.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Just kidding obviously it is impossible. Plus he is Spanish real won't let him go easily that too for barca no chance

BBZ8800

I was reading some of Real's forums.

A lot of their fans are pissed at Isco because he has no tactical awareness.
They say that he is too often all over the place, and that too often he just dribbles, dribbles and dribbles without any real purpose.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I was reading some of Real's forums.

A lot of their fans are pissed at Isco because he has no tactical awareness.
They say that he is too often all over the place, and that too often he just dribbles, dribbles and dribbles without any real purpose.

Well it's true. James is much more effective and I have to agree that either James should start or both of them(without Bale). It's fairly dumb to let Isco start over James.

Home of Barca Fans